Gimbal horizon drift

Reaction score
Hi all, any suggestion on how to fix potentiometer values fluctuations that makes the gimbal to drift up and down?
I'm using a 1k linear pot, already tried recalibration several times, RC and Assistant type, replaced with a new 1k pot, but issue persist.
Read somewhere that some people are using 100ohms resistors, but not sure if this could fix my problem.

Thanks in advance.

FedeVision said:
Hi all, any suggestion on how to fix potentiometer values fluctuations that makes the gimbal to drift up and down?
I'm using a 1k linear pot, already tried recalibration several times, RC and Assistant type, replaced with a new 1k pot, but issue persist.
Read somewhere that some people are using 100ohms resistors, but not sure if this could fix my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Why not supply photos of the inside of your controller so we can see how you modified it then maybe someone can help.

• P2, H3-2D, GoPro Hero 3+B, AVL-58, 5.8G clover-leaf antennas, iOSD-mini, Black Pearl 7" diversity receiver/monitor

Thank you Jason, yeah you are right, that could help, but today I found a bigger version of 1k pot (hope better quality too) and did the replacemnet, working fine so far, still need calibrations, will test for a few days and will report back.

Attachments

• 2015-01-05 18.12.39p.jpg
    2015-01-05 18.12.39p.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 351
  • 2015-01-05 18.11.47p.jpg
    2015-01-05 18.11.47p.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 319
FedeVision said:
Thank you Jason, yeah you are right, that could help, but today I found a bigger version of 1k pot (hope better quality too) and did the replacemnet, working fine so far, still need calibrations, will test for a few days and will report back.

The size of the pot has nothing to do with as small 1k lin pot works the same way as a large one. I used this method but had play with a combination 1/4 watt resistors to make it work. Follow this thread http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8399 the pot on the circuit board has to be removed. You might have to go to an electronics store for those 910 ohms 1/2 watt resistors even 1/4 watt resistors will work. Good luck.

• P2, H3-2D, GoPro Hero 3+B, AVL-58, 5.8G clover-leaf antennas, iOSD-mini, Black Pearl 7" diversity receiver/monitor

Ok, I will try that mod if the pot start to give issues, working really fine so far. Thank you.

FedeVision said:
Ok, I will try that mod if the pot start to give issues, working really fine so far. Thank you.

It would be nice to see how you set it up with photo of halves of the case.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj