Gimbal from ebay

I had one just like that and it was fine. I switched to the H3-2D though for the convenience of the rear plate connector (which they removed on the new 3D).

So you are not useing the gimbal anymore? why?

i think i am going to by be one. But do you know the battery type i can use to this gimbal? can you post a link?

I installed one of these a week ago on my FC40 Phantom and seems to work fine. Which Phantom do you have?

Okay nice. I have a Phantom 2 with non cam. My plan is to get one gimbal and Gopro :D What are you useing to power the gimbal?

stravn said:
So you are not useing the gimbal anymore? why?

rilot said:
I switched to the H3-2D though for the convenience of the rear plate connector

I powered it from the aux power cables on the Phantom. There are wires that provide battery voltage. Just solder them up.

Okay, do you have opportunity to show me how you connect the ebay gimbal to your Phantom 2?

Enyone know something? Where i can get power from the Phantom 2 to my gimbal?

I have installed similar noname gimball on my P2. Basically you need 12V, so you can take it from any of 12V rails on the copter. I have taken it from one of the engine connectors, as in here (marked red, sorry I didn't take a picture of already soldered setup).

BTW. anybody else out there who has this kind of setup? How did you calibrate/setup the gimball and it's ranges ? I can operate the motors with the X1 on the default controller, but it seems I cannot go "all the way" down (so that camera would point to the ground) since the cable that connects to the sensor which is under the camera will hit the motor arm.. If I try to rotate and put the sensor to other place, the gimball goes crazy (I suppose it's reading reverse values on some axis). Also the range is way too large to "other direction" (it can turn to film the belly of the copter)..

The Phantom2 software seems to offer much less options in the "gimball" view than the Naza software.. but I read that it's not possible to use the Naza software with P2 ?

Attachments

• gimballpower.jpg
    gimballpower.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 277
  • cable_blocking_movement.jpg
    cable_blocking_movement.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 310
I have a problem with the tilt control, when I connect to phantom2 the gimbal does not correct the phantom when I move up and down, sideways works well and tilt the remote control rc works well, I think naza controller sends orders setting. did any have the solution? Thanks in advance. pardon my language is Spanish translator using google hope you understand

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.