Gimbal for smartphone that will mount on FC40?

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to these forums and flying, so far I am loving it. The FC40 camera however leaves a lot to be desired.

I was wondering if anyone has managed to mount a standard smartphone (I have an extra Google Nexus 4) to a gimbal and the Phantom with success? I seem to be finding lots of info on GoPro gimbals but not much on mounting a cell phone or standard point and shoot. I am more interested in getting higher quality still images than HD video, and really dislike the GoPro's distortion.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Just get the lightest weight gimbal you can find, Walker 2d maybe, and velcro the smartphone to your gimbal. Done.

PaCharger said:
Just get the lightest weight gimbal you can find, Walker 2d maybe, and velcro the smartphone to your gimbal. Done.

It's that simple? I assume I will have to do some adjustments based on the weight of the device I choose to attach?

I am also assuming I need to purchase another module for the FC40 to accept the gimbal or is that already built in?

The onboard naza has an output for a tilt channel. You need to enable it in your software, then open your transmitter and install the lever which mounts on the back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31