Gimbal flip

Reaction score
Is the gimbal flip a real common problem with the phantom 4 pro? Will a firmware update fix this? Does the advanced phantom 4 have the same issues?

Is the gimbal flip a real common problem with the phantom 4 pro? Will a firmware update fix this? Does the advanced phantom 4 have the same issues?
I have had the big gimble flip happen maybe 4-5 times in 8 months with my P4P. Scares the hell out of you the first time too. As you think you might have hit something. LOL. But since it has been so long I doubt it will get fixed in an update tbo. It usually always happens when in a hard left turn and with gimble tipping down quite a bit. My guess is that you will have the same chance at getting a P4A with it too. But hopefully they have addressed that in the new builds maybe. Other than this, my bird has been perfect.

Is the gimbal flip a real common problem with the phantom 4 pro? Will a firmware update fix this?

Good question! My P4P, a week old, has demonstrated it's ability to flip, just once. I couldn't get it to do it again, but high speed S mode flight then turning left is how I got mine to demonstrate. It's one of those issues to be aware of, but in my case I don't see it much so I'm not concerned. I'm told some craft do it easier than others, which is a bit odd. The gimbal flip is the first thing I tested to determine if I would return it for an exchange. I think I got a good one. Will firmware fix it? That's unknown, but I'm hoping so, someday. It seems to me the flip has been reduced already in firmware, but I'm unsure, but I do know it still exists to some extent.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies... I always fly my p3p fairly slow and gentle. I have been on the fence about getting the p4p since I have read about the gimbal flip situation... but I really want that 1inch sensor for night and low light videos and better still photos than my p3p produces

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1