Gimbal Fine Camera Dead

Reaction score
After a crash ( my fault - broke one prop) everything on the quad works - except apparently the camera. I can't connect dji vision app to quad ("a Connection to phantom failed" message only) and when connecting camera to computer (USB) it is as if the camera does not exist. Gimbal appears to be fine, bird will lock onto sats and fly fine, just no dji app and camera control or picture. I've checked all the cables and non are loose and as far as I can tell none of the ribbon cables on the gimbal/camera are affected.

Any ideas?

Lastly anyone have software that bypasses dji vision but let's you connect to the Phantom?

Thanks. Joel

there are three grey ribbon cables that come out of the Phantom and connect to the board that controls the camera and gimbal, the small 4 pin connector may be loose, I have had mine come loose a few times, symptoms, no video, no telemetry etc..

Just a thought...

Thanks - I checked the connections inside the quad - did you open the camera? If so - how? Joel

Did you take off the back cover of the camera and check the ribbon connection there? That would be the main camera connection for power etc.

What color is the LED on the camera when the battery is powered up on the Phantom?

No led showing at all - there is a (I think) green led you can see inside of the gimbal/camera casing. Yes took back off camera and check that cable too - it was fine. Thanks - Joel

Hello,
If the gimbal and motor are in good condition and for sale at a reasonable price please let me know. Immediate PayPal payment. Matt 860 888 6602. My camera is fine and gimbal initializes with full range of motion but then stays stuck in a 45 degree downward angle with out any ability to control it, no movement at all.? Error message 'gimbal obstructed' but it's not and moves perfectly fine and freely when powered off. Just got Phantom back today from DJI, fully repaired - not. Same as before; looks like they didn't even touch it. Price of new camera and gimbal is ridiculous. I can buy the entire drone: Vision 2+ 3.0, at B&H for the same price as what cameras are going for on eBay?!? NOt going to bother ant further with DJI, they don't want to support anything not a P3 or above now anyway. Any advice or interest in gimbal sale let me know. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik