Gimbal electronic help needed

Reaction score
If anyone has their gimbal apart I need help identifying a component. I just had a crash that destroyed what I believe to be an oscillating crystal. The plastic housing is missing that I think would have any identification. If someone knows or has theirs open and could let me know if there's any markings that would be much appreciated. I included a photo of what I think it originally looked like.
Thanks
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I wish I could help but I have no idea.

On a slightly unrelated note, I would love for someone with some EE experience to map that thing out. Especially the CANH, CANL, BOOT0 test points. I would love to get an understanding for how the gimbal module talks to the mothership and whether or not there is a legacy CAN interface.

kanook,
you are correct.
and unless you have a re-flow table you will need a new main board.
these are a PITA to replace.

I didn't see anything like that in years of electronics, but it is an SMD ferrite bread or an inductor. I will search between my documentation.
But it's broken due to electronic shock or mechanical shock ?

I didn't see anything like that in years of electronics, but it is an SMD ferrite bread or an inductor. I will search between my documentation.
But it's broken due to electronic shock or mechanical shock ?
It was smashed by the gimbal arm during a crash. Smashed it right though the plastic cover over the board

I have the 4x camera so if I need to replace the board could I use an HD board if that's all I can find at the time

Voila. I received a new crystal today from mouser and installed it and success! I have a camera again. Now to do some maiden flights

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    985.5 KB · Views: 628
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 611
Reactions: bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads