Gimbal Disconnection

Reaction score
Crashed my drone into a pole trying to show off and it still flies, only problem is the camera fell of and the plastic part attached to the drone actually broke off in two different places. I think the gimbal is fine but 3 wires are now hanging from the drone, 1 ribbon cable, 1 grey cable, and 1 black cable. Where can I find the plastic but that broke and how can I reconnect these wires?

Attachments

• IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 317
  • IMG_1311.JPG
    IMG_1311.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 331
  • IMG_1312.JPG
    IMG_1312.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 362
Last edited:
You'll need to open your Phantom shell to replace the antenna. These videos should help:

Did you reference the above videos?

Both videos are loading okay for me. Try using a different web browser and/or watch them directly on YouTube's website. And if you search YouTube's website, you'll find additional how-to videos there.

You can view the first video here. It's titled "How to remove the DJI Phantom 3 Standard gimbal & camera".

Ah. Or use a computer ;)

Alright msinger let me make sure I'm buying the right parts real quick, the cables have snapped, and I just want to make sure I get the right ones to replace them.

c099e7213a73a5d25b557f7427da8dde.jpg

826248ee28a2f68094b27bd456ff4dfb.jpg

These are the cables that connect to the gimbal, the grey and black, as well as a ribbon cable but it seems to be intact. I also now have the problem that I don't know where these cables lead to in the drone so I am not sure how I can replace them.

Those cables are from the antennas housed inside of either side of the battery compartment. You'll be able to see them if you remove the Phantom battery and look inside of the battery compartment.

That's correct. You'll find the battery compartment beneath that part. Watch the last several minutes of the 2nd video I posted above.

Alright I successfully took those two parts out, is it easy to reinstall the new ones? The parts should be here in a few days.

It'll involve completely dissembling your Phantom, but it should be relatively easy if you're handy. If you have any doubts, you could always send it away to a repair shop to be fixed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj