Gimbal disconnected

Check the grey ribbon cables on the side of the gimbal. Push on the 2 sets of the ribbon cables to make sure they are connected firmly. Make sure all is off when you do this and then start in the usual manner.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Maybe you should try this: reformat the original SD card and/or reset your Phantom to factory default. The try again...

Sd card has no bearing on getting a video feed. You can fly and have video feed without even having a sd card in the phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can fly my drone but no video feed. Have msg that gimbal disconnected. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance

Did you find a fix? I'm pretty pissed off been on hold for 20 minutes, had the pleasure of 3 total flights and now it says gimbal disconnected!

First flight- didn't do much just wanted to try out follow me

Second flight- tried follow me again but required an updated so wasted a lot of time. Barely got to fly it when battery started going low

Third flight- the thing goes haywire for no reason and starts flying at high speeds every time I hit home. Had to manually land it and keep it on the ground

Today I try to do research on why the thing is flying crazy and it says I need an IMU update. I turn the drone on connect it to the APP and it says GIMBAL DISCONNECTRF

I'm not impressed at all and ready to tell all of my followers on YouTube about this.

Please let me know if you have a fix sounds like a defect as I'm finding a lot of people complain about the 1650$ DJI Phantom 4!!

Did you find a fix? I'm pretty pissed off been on hold for 20 minutes, had the pleasure of 3 total flights and now it says gimbal disconnected!

First flight- didn't do much just wanted to try out follow me

Second flight- tried follow me again but required an updated so wasted a lot of time. Barely got to fly it when battery started going low

Third flight- the thing goes haywire for no reason and starts flying at high speeds every time I hit home. Had to manually land it and keep it on the ground

Today I try to do research on why the thing is flying crazy and it says I need an IMU update. I turn the drone on connect it to the APP and it says GIMBAL DISCONNECTRF

I'm not impressed at all and ready to tell all of my followers on YouTube about this.

Please let me know if you have a fix sounds like a defect as I'm finding a lot of people complain about the 1650$ DJI Phantom 4!!

Hi I own the Phantom 3 Pro and I am getting that very same message Gimbal Disconnected. I took her up yesterday afternoon and got some good pics and videos and then yesterday night thought I'd take her up to capture some moon shots and video and I have no image on my iPad, but I'm able to still launch the drone. Everything appears to be working but the camera. Did you figure out what the issue was for your drone?

Hi All, I'm new to the forum but thought I would weigh in on this. I only had my Phantom 4 for a couple of weeks and had this issue. I can get into more detail, but I had a bunch of horizontal lines across the screen, could see the camera image in the background, but the DJI Go app wouldn't see the SD card, and the main menu said gimbal disconnected.

After much research, failed attempts to communicate effectively with DJI support, and being impatient, I went back through everything leading up to the day it stopped working. I remember thinking the SD card seemed awfully hot when I took it out. With that info. in mind, I decided something must have happened related to the card or the part it slides into. If you look closely you'll see a hairline crack in the SD card. I must have accidentally cracked it and that resulted in a short which generated the heat that I believe damaged the card in the gimbal.

I purchased a new gimbal, installed it and now everything is working fine again. I'll try to attach the picture's below.

Attachments

• IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    435.1 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_1999.JPG
    IMG_1999.JPG
    366.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2001.JPG
    IMG_2001.JPG
    401.6 KB · Views: 328
Not sure if this is of any assistance but I had this issue once and at the time Litchi had just did an update which I had installed and the gimbal disconnect happened right after, researching on this site had many others in the same boat. I don't know specifics of it all but have you installed something new recently?

I just had the same problem - I switched the SD card and that fixed the problem. Doesn't seem like an SD card would have anything to do with the gimbal, but it did on my P3P and I see the Mavics had the same solution.

I had video feed, but no gimbal control. Removed the SD card and gimbal control is back. Haven't yet tried with new card. Thanks all for posting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20