Gimbal Disconnected Mid Flight : 1 Week Old Phantom : Proof?

Reaction score
My 1 week old Phantom 3 Advanced has started to act up. I noticed I still had a video feed & full tilt control however I lost the ability to take pictures mid flight, all camera (shutter, ISO, etc) were showing as N/A on the screen. I checked the status menu and it said 'Gimbal Disconnected'.

I landed the phantom, re-started, and everything was OK. Landed again, new battery, gimbal good... then lost it again mid flight, land + reset. It's happened a few times and it's completely random.

The gimbal isn't actually disconnected, I have full video, tilt, and looking at the Phantom it's keeping everything level when I maneuver... just as it should.

I screenshotted the message once as I'll need some proof when I ask the shop for a replacement. I don't feel that's enough.

Is there any way to see this message in the log files? I've downloaded the ones from my iPad & the .DAT files from the Phantom however I don't know how to see the Gimbal Disconnect message. It doesn't show up on healthydrones.

Any ideas?

Also, it didn't come up as a notification or warning, I had to dive into the menu to see the status!

Sounds like you have a poor connection somewhere. Also, if you're flying in cold weather, your poor connection would be more apt to be a problem, whereas in warm weather the problem may seem to go away. Since the craft is new, it's a warranty situation. Hopefully you'll get it back quick.

Sounds like you have a poor connection somewhere. Also, if you're flying in cold weather, your poor connection would be more apt to be a problem, whereas in warm weather the problem may seem to go away. Since the craft is new, it's a warranty situation. Hopefully you'll get it back quick.

Yeah I think you're right, the store will give me a replacement if I return it within 21 days, I just need to be able to prove the fault... all I have at the moment is a single screenshot! I'm hoping there is some way to pull it from the logs as it happened a lot. It also happened yesterday however I thought it was just due to a low battery condition.

I just went for 3 flights and the error didn't come back... I'm just worried it might after the 21 days!

connection on top of the gimbal would be my first place to look

Thanks for the reply, I've double checked all connections (it's only a week old, no crashes or hard landings), there is some ribbon separation however I've seen pictures of that before on the forums.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj