Gimbal Disconnected message on 3 week old P3P

Reaction score
Hi all, just checking to see if anyone has any suggestions regarding the gimbal disconnected message I'm getting in the DJI Go app along with no video. I've looked at the gimbal cable and it appears to look good. I haven't flown it in over a week and only flew it a dozen times at that. Usually only 5 minute flights, just getting use to everything. Never a hard landing or any issues at all. I put a polar pro filter on it the other day and turned it on in the house just to see how it looked and everything was working fine then. I received a new battery in the mail today so charged it up, put it in and did the firmware upgrade on the new battery. It was after this when I powered the remote on and noticed the gimbal disconnected message and no video.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

Try running the firmware flash again. Maybe the canera component didnt update properly. A DJI service agent told me that he was aware of caneras bricking during firmware uodate.

Try running the firmware flash again. Maybe the canera component didnt update properly. A DJI service agent told me that he was aware of caneras bricking during firmware uodate.
I just downgraded the firmware to 1.5 and now the camera and gimbal works fine! So now I'm trying to update it back to 1.6. I'll let you know what happens.

I just downgraded the firmware to 1.5 and now the camera and gimbal works fine! So now I'm trying to update it back to 1.6. I'll let you know what happens.
Yes that's the most likely issue if you don't see any lose gimbal ribbon cable.

Okay, it's updated back to 1.6 and everything works fine again. Really strange. But at least it's working now!

My P3 advanced had the same exact issues. I dropped it down to 1.5, no issues. Just upgraded back to 1.6 and we will see what happens.

I had emailed DJI customer support and they were worthless.

My P3 advanced had the same exact issues. I dropped it down to 1.5, no issues. Just upgraded back to 1.6 and we will see what happens.

I had emailed DJI customer support and they were worthless.

Yeah, redoing the firmware fixed it for me. Hopefully it will for you also.

After the (succesfull) firmware update, the DJI Go app says the gimbal is disconnected.
Restarting with the sd card removed from the Phantom did it for me.
Put in the sd card afterwards and everything works like iT should.
Tnx Michael Radeck

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj