gimbal dead

Reaction score
Bought a new vision Plus.. unboxed it.. fired up, but the gimbal does not level up or come to life.

Tried starting everything. Camera works.
Went through all the threads. Updated firmware.. deleted old app.. re installed it.. still dead.. tried in Naza mode.. nothing.. returned to normal mode.. still nothing
Also the IOC could not be activated??.. no idea. Ticked the box, but the blue highlight didn't activate
Pissed off.. will need to return it tomorrow if no one has any other options to try?

have you carefully checked to make sure all of the plugs for all cables are plugged in firmly? You may need to open up the phantom halves to look inside to confirm this fully

Its sad that the OP even has to do all that he has done so far. I'm so sick of DJI right now! The need to slow down, focus on QC and then proceed. These quadcopters are great....I mean fantastic when they work, but ****! One problem after another for a lot of people :evil:

offtosleep said:
Its sad that the OP even has do do all that he has done so far. I'm so sick of DJI right now! The need to slow down, focus on QC and then proceed. These quadcopters are great....I mean fantastic when they work, but ****! One problem after another for a lot of people :evil:

+1

I tend to agree with 'offtosleep'...
The popularity & demand for these things has taken off (no pun intended) and it appears DJI are pumping them out as fast as they can throw them together. Unfortunately, when under pressure to fulfill orders from all over the world and the people who assemble them are under the pump, mistakes are going to be made and quality control suffers. They claim each unit is fully tested before shipping... Yeah right, at the rate these things are pumped out? There wouldn't be enough time in the day to test each and every one...

phantomguy said:
have you carefully checked to make sure all of the plugs for all cables are plugged in firmly? You may need to open up the phantom halves to look inside to confirm this fully

I didn't open the phantom, but checked the ribbon.. all looks ok.. amazingly the camera still works, and I can see the image on the phone??

Try doing an advanced IMU cal and cal the sticks even tho there is no indication any of this needs to be done. Maybe it thinks the angles are all wrong and has disabled the gimbal. Worth a try.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj