Gimbal Damper Mod

Reaction score
Someone help me... I could have sworn that someone posted a mod in this thread where he changed out the Dampers on the Gimbal and it appeared to make it more stable.. Anyone see this? I was wanting to see the followup results of this. He wasn't able to video at the time..

happydays said:
Yes - it was two days ago I believe. He swapped the white ones for some black Zenmuse ones I think. I haven't seen his results either; I'm a firm believer in 'if it ain't broke...' and all that. Mine works fine with standard props, rubber grommets etc (in my {quite old} eyes).

:)
Was it moved from the thread? Do you have a link to his message? Thanks.

srandall25 said:
Someone help me... I could have sworn that someone posted a mod in this thread where he changed out the Dampers on the Gimbal and it appeared to make it more stable.. Anyone see this? I was wanting to see the followup results of this. He wasn't able to video at the time..

Hi, that was me. No idea what happened to the original post, it was there one day and gone the next... Anyway, here's a link to a short video showing the new rubbers. I didn't do a tutorial because it is a very simple and straight forward procedure and takes like 5mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GVuP8N ... e=youtu.be

Marcel Marceau. Very good.

Just out of interest, remind me again why you wanted to replace the dampers - were you getting jiggle in the videos or was it maybe just for peace of mind with the firmer ones?

BTW, I'd put the pins or some loose cable ties into those dampers; if you hit the ground at all, the wiring probably won't be able to keep the camera attached. But you know that. Just saying, like...

happydays said:
Marcel Marceau. Very good.

Just out of interest, remind me again why you wanted to replace the dampers - were you getting jiggle in the videos or was it maybe just for peace of mind with the firmer ones?

BTW, I'd put the pins or some loose cable ties into those dampers; if you hit the ground at all, the wiring probably won't be able to keep the camera attached. But you know that. Just saying, like...

I was just sitting and staring at it the other day thinking about those little white dampers for some reason. Thinking how 'loose' it appears and how much play there is when you push it upward. So I thought since it was wet outside, I'd change them for the zenmuse ones and see what happens. When I took a white one off, it actually had a tear in the rubber and I was surprised how thin and flimsy they are.
As for the pins, I've yanked on that gimbal fairly firmly. Because they're thicker than the white ones, they're very snug. Hitting the ground hard enough to dislodge those is going to total the camera/gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic