Gimbal constant movement issue problem

Reaction score
I've had the Phantom 2 with the H3-3D gimbal for a couple weeks now and upon opening I've always had a problem with my gimbal. The reason I never took it back was because I thought it was my fault but realized it was broken to begin with.

First, the pitch adjustment on the RC never actually did anything (even after updating all firmware) but then after doing several calibrations it finally worked. After happily testing it for a couple minutes after I fixed it the gimbal just suddenly stopped. Wondering if it were just stuck I very gently poked the GoPro and then the gimbal suddenly shut down. I felt the circuits and noticed that they were fried. I gave it a day to rest and now this has been happening:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WETA1rcoTSw[/youtube]

I seriously have no idea what to even call what it's doing but I've looked everything I could up and I seriously don't know what to do. It's been like this for three days and there's no difference.

Every time I do it it says that the MC is overheated but I didn't even use it today. Do you have any suggestions?

FlyByEnt said:
Every time I do it it says that the MC is overheated but I didn't even use it today. Do you have any suggestions?

You can ignore that message and click past it, it's a known bug in the software since the Phantoms first came out.

Make sure you power cycle the Phantom after doing the calibration.

Well went through the calibration and it hasn't changed at all even after power cycling. Thanks for the suggestion though.

No worries, it was worth a try at least :)

Did you ever notice it getting hot like this before? And were you talking about the circuit board behind the plate in the camera's cradle?

Also, have you by chance changed the ribbon cable any time recently? I don't think the cable itself is the source of the problem, but I discovered recently that if that happens to be installed backwards (which isn't that hard to do) with each end in the wrong port, the gimbal will flop or die and the back plate will get very hot.

Yes it was the circuit board behind the plate and I'm unsure if it became hot before.

I haven't changed the ribbon cable recently but I tried flipping it anyway and got no different results.

I have this same problem and the full rig is back with the supplier for repairs/ replacement but I would be interested to know if you came up with a reason for this happening.

GDFB said:
I have this same problem and the full rig is back with the supplier for repairs/ replacement but I would be interested to know if you came up with a reason for this happening.

Yeah I still got nothing on it and I don't think I've made any progress. All my calls to DJI are useless too.

I hope to have an answer in the next day or so and will keep you posted.

I have just spoke to the repair guys and when the gimbal does this it is knackered. It has been sent back to DJI as faulty so there is no fix you need to have it replaced. I am getting mine back tomorrow with new gimbal fitted.
I would suggest sending your back to DJI recorded delivery with a covering letter stating the above and keep on there backs until it is replaced.
Hope this helps.

GDFB said:
I have just spoke to the repair guys and when the gimbal does this it is knackered. It has been sent back to DJI as faulty so there is no fix you need to have it replaced. I am getting mine back tomorrow with new gimbal fitted.
I would suggest sending your back to DJI recorded delivery with a covering letter stating the above and keep on there backs until it is replaced.
Hope this helps.

Alright, thanks. I'll send it in soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers