Gimbal Cannot receive MC data

Reaction score
Hi,

I know sammyhilfiger posted about this back on May 31'st. There was no information on the thread other than "probably a hardware issue". The previous user said that it was an issue with a brand new unit and was able to fix by pushing on the 8-pin connection... Where as mine worked fine until I crashed. Wanted to see if anyone has found the actual cause of this error since no one seems to have any parts available for the P3 yet. Here's what happened...

100% user error. This was my first FPV capable drone so I have a habit of watching the P3 rather than my screen while flying. I was piloting inside a warehouse and thought I was just getting a low battery warning but it was actually going into RTH mode. I looked down right as it hit "1" and BOOM up to the ceiling it smashed then down to the floor it crashed. My heart dropped and my lesson was learned.

I had to open the bird up and fix plastic on one of the arms. When I tried to power back up I got a critical error message and had no video feed to the app. I checked everything for any loose connections and saw nothing. I went ahead and replaced the ribbon for the gimbal and at least got my signal and video feed back. Now when I power up the P3 the gimbal moves normal and centers, but then begins to drift up. It does not allow me to do any calibrations or update the firmware; she just goes "beep beep beep" like she hates me. The status says "safe to fly" but will not let me take off. Then when I go to the status screen it displays the "Gimbal cannot receive MC data" message.

Hoping someone might have come across a solution to the problem by now. The link below shows what is going on. Any help that I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi,

I know sammyhilfiger posted about this back on May 31'st. There was no information on the thread other than "probably a hardware issue". The previous user said that it was an issue with a brand new unit and was able to fix by pushing on the 8-pin connection... Where as mine worked fine until I crashed. Wanted to see if anyone has found the actual cause of this error since no one seems to have any parts available for the P3 yet. Here's what happened...

100% user error. This was my first FPV capable drone so I have a habit of watching the P3 rather than my screen while flying. I was piloting inside a warehouse and thought I was just getting a low battery warning but it was actually going into RTH mode. I looked down right as it hit "1" and BOOM up to the ceiling it smashed then down to the floor it crashed. My heart dropped and my lesson was learned.

I had to open the bird up and fix plastic on one of the arms. When I tried to power back up I got a critical error message and had no video feed to the app. I checked everything for any loose connections and saw nothing. I went ahead and replaced the ribbon for the gimbal and at least got my signal and video feed back. Now when I power up the P3 the gimbal moves normal and centers, but then begins to drift up. It does not allow me to do any calibrations or update the firmware; she just goes "beep beep beep" like she hates me. The status says "safe to fly" but will not let me take off. Then when I go to the status screen it displays the "Gimbal cannot receive MC data" message.

Hoping someone might have come across a solution to the problem by now. The link below shows what is going on. Any help that I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Have you upgraded the FW? That beeping is indicative of a failed upgrade--
I see you are still running the original app.

Reformat the SD card, download the latest fw upgrade to and install it on the P3. Download the latest DJI Go App and upgrade the vontroller, After a successful upgrade, calibrate the IMU, and the gimbal and lastly the compass.

If all that is successful, and you are still having this beeping, then it may be internal See what happens-- nothing to lose.

i have just searched youtube. the answer was there, very simple. you just have to let it peep and thats it.... it all works perfectly now.... thanks a lot for your answer. I might be back here ;-)

Reactions: bobmyers
i have just searched youtube. the answer was there, very simple. you just have to let it peep and thats it.... it all works perfectly now.... thanks a lot for your answer. I might be back here ;-)
That's exactly what the threads tell you here. Cheers:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic