Gimbal calibration

Reaction score
Please can someone advise how to calibrate the gimbal on the P4 - I am struggling and all my images and video are slightly tilted which drives me nuts!

Do I need to re calibrate the IMU as well - or is this the same thing?

You can calibrate the gimbal through the GO app but there seems to be a common problem with it not staying level. You can search the forums regarding this as there are a ton of threads, but I have yet to find a solution. Please share if you do.

Please can someone advise how to calibrate the gimbal on the P4 - I am struggling and all my images and video are slightly tilted which drives me nuts!

I'm having the same problem! I'm new to DJI as I had a 3DR Solo before. I love the Phantom 4 because I was looking for the "Apple of drones" but it keeps tilting. You can fix it in post but that's annoying! This reminds me of when I bought a FeiyuTech gimbal and it kept messing up the same way. I had to send it back to China to get it fixed.

It sounds like you have a brand-new craft. It also sounds like you've never calibrated the IMU. So yes, those are the first steps. It could very well be your problem.

keep looking for the gimbal calibration , you'll find it eventually. The IMU calibration is under the advanced menu > sensors

Everyone's mileage is varying on this but my gimbal levelness is the best it has ever been with this last FW update. Of course, I calibrated the gimbal and the IMU after the updates, but I never had to adjust the gimbal while in the air.

Everyone's mileage is varying on this but my gimbal levelness is the best it has ever been with this last FW update. Of course, I calibrated the gimbal and the IMU after the updates, but I never had to adjust the gimbal while in the air.
FYI, the quick way to adjust during flight is hold the C2 button and spin the photo wheel. Makes it a snap.

Reactions: stefan350 and ftttu

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj