Gimbal Board Replacement

Reaction score
Its a brand new Monday morning, and i received a brand new gimbal replacement board for a P3P up to date firmware on both remote/aircraft and installed it but camera although works excellent, now sit's at a 45 degree angle into the right arm of the stand. Is there a programing procedure needed or is it just setting. I also added a copy of my Log file. thanks Pilots, appreciated.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Can't open that file for some reason. What is it of?? A flight with your angled camera??

Your camera is at FW V01.06.0040, but your AC FW seem to be newer. This is not the source of your issue though.

Gimbal has 2 resistive sensors and 1 magnetic sensor, what to do depends on the arm.

Can't open that file for some reason. What is it of?? A flight with your angled camera??
Hi cheddarman,
When i click on the attached file i get a download copy, its the log file off the SD card from the P3P thatis hidden.

Your camera is at FW V01.06.0040, but your AC FW seem to be newer. This is not the source of your issue though.

Gimbal has 2 resistive sensors and 1 magnetic sensor, what to do depends on the arm.
Hi quaddamge,
Lock nut is set and tighten on flat face of shaft the correct way as removed or could it be the motor ?
Also how can i get camera to correct firmware,, thanks.

Lock nut is set and tighten on flat face of shaft the correct way as removed or could it be the motor ?

Motor is responsible for placing the arm at proper position. Sensors are responsible for finding which exact position is correct.

Is your issue with movement, or with position?

how can i get camera to correct firmware,, thanks.

Either downgrade to 1.6, or upgrade ie. to 1.10. I'd go with downgrade, but it's your decision.
Search the forum for methods of forcing the AC to downgrade - normally it will only allow you to go up with versions.

Ok Guys found the problem, the little black magnetic sensor is missing from the gimbal board and i maybe responsible for its disappearance. I have 3 bad gimbal board that still have them on so i am kinda perplexed.
Any advice on trying to remove one as i have a 858D rework station, Thanks.

Is this the gimbal board in question?
Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 22.04.50.jpg
Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 22.04.31.jpg

Yes , But on the other side there is a little black magnetic sensor right below TD0 that is missing
and i found it in the shipping plastic bag but was not bubble wrap in a bigger box, which allowed it to move around. You have posted 2 of the same side.

1631656933902.jpeg

Last edited:
Your board is missing quartz oscillator. Magnetic sensor is the 8-legged chip just above the shaft, and it looks ok.

So your gimbal was probably not incorrectly leveled, it was completely limp.

Morning cheddarman and quaddamge, Thanks for correcting me. I bought it from Ebay
China for a hefty price. I see some old laptop boards have them, i tried to remove one but
one end needs more effort and care so I broke the connector.
I have sent a message to the Ebay Seller to see if i can get a replacement.
Appreciate everyone and have a Marvelous Day.

Reactions: brigerdrones
if the oscillator is missing it is unlikely to work, but if your gimbal board was ok..when you replace the gimbal board, the camera will point off centre. you need to loosen the set screw and manually move the camera until it is pointing in the correct position. then tighten the screw. the yaw motor will move, so I keep a finger on the motor and adjust a few degrees at a time. its unlikely that your new position will align with the flat on the yaw motor shaft. AFAIK the magnetic position sensor in the yaw motor is programmed into the old board and cannot be reprogrammed - happy to be corrected on this.

Hi sdcoughlan,
I have tried that same thing and it continue to go to the same off center position every time.
Camera still works but i don"t have any control over it. Is there someone who would repair these
gimbal boards for a fee. It seems like its been kept under the table for some reason.
Seller is only giving me back 30% of my purchased price as refund but im not fighting.
Anyone has the spects on the quartz oscillator part, i been looking on ebay and found some but
I don't know what frequency etc, can one of the excellent Pilot please assist me on this please.
Appreciated thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic