gimbal and camera when connected and 1.0.1.30

Reaction score
Updated the main board to 1.0.1.30 last night. Gimbal twitch on power up is gone. Flew this morning and all was good as usual. Tonight I connected my PC to the camera to download video I took this morning. Connected USB to PC then powered on phantom. The gimbal was noisy and I could hear a rythmic ticking sound. When I touched the camera I could also feel the ticking. I picked up the phantom and tested the gimbal stability. It was good on pitch and roll but no yaw stab. Ticking and noise continued the whole time I was downloading. After that I powered it off and disconnected the cable. Powered back on and gimbal was back to its normal perfect self. Didn't have this with 1.0.1.27. Also the rectangular box that holds the camera guts was very hot to the touch after the download. After power on with USB disconnected the box was cool as a cucumber. Anyone else notice this? Its of no consequence but just thought I would share the experience.

I haven't installed the 1.0.1.30 update, but if the gimbal was ticking the whole time that would explain the heat issue. Next time you connect to USB see if it repeats the odd behavior, or perhaps it was just an anomaly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav