Gimbal Alternatives

Reaction score
OK, I am about to give up on this Zenmuse H3-3D.

Anyway, if I choose to go with an alternate gimbal, what should I go with?

I want the full FPV experience but with my problems with the H3-3D, I'm not getting ANY experience. [emoji22]

the Zenmuse H3-3D is about the easiest gimbal you can run on a P2, I know I've seen your name around this site before but I am in so many threads I can't recall exactly what problems you're having. give me a quick summary either here or in PM? I mean, sure we hear about defective gimbals from time to time it happens... anyway what's up with it exactly?

The H3-3D is connected. Appears to be working fine until I connect the USB ribbon to my gopro. If connected, the gimbal goes limp. If not connected to camera, gimbal acts as it should

gmann001 said:
The H3-3D is connected. Appears to be working fine until I connect the USB ribbon to my gopro. If connected, the gimbal goes limp. If not connected to camera, gimbal acts as it should

that's gotta be an electrical short of some sort. Is it new? I mean like within the standard 30 day period or whatever? I'd go straight back to your vendor with that! If you're past that point I'd try DJI direct but you're right, that's gotta be super frustrating

I've seen people talk about replacing the ribbon cable with the gopro port. But not sure if that'd do any good

gmann001 said:
Unfortunately its not new.

did you buy the system used or like it was working fine for a while and one day suddenly this happened?

Have you tried resetting the gimbal firmware?

swapping out that ribbon cable for the rear port only works if you have a Hero 3/3+. the hero 4 won't output video to that rear port to a Zenmuse. I used to have that mod done on mine before the H4 came out... it's really easy

I'm assuming you've gone over ALL the cables and connections, all the little tiny ribbon cables on the H3-3D, traced the grey ribbon cable back up into the Phantom, inspecting it for tight connections and any breaks/hard bends or other imperfections in the cable?

I have a hero 3 and a hero3+. The gimbal was purchased used with a different phantom. It wasn't installed when I got it. I think I may know now why

I think you're on the right track... especially if it was cheaper than it should have been ;)

you could always try selling it as-is in the Classifieds section or Ebay... they get decent money there and not everybody cares about plugging in the USB for a FPV feed or whatever.

before that though I'd try the rear port mod... it's pretty cheap and easy, do you know the thread? it's over in the H3-3D forum

Figured out the issue with the H3-3D. Ribbon cable needs to be short side towards the gimbal and not the camera.

Nice. Glad you figured it out!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl