Gimbal affects compass?

Reaction score
I have the Feiyu-tech FY-G3 attached to my P1 Phantom with the new Phantom mount from Feiyu-Tech.
The new Phantom mount places the gimbal farther back towards the center of the Phantom and closer to the compass. I tried two flights without the gimbal attached and everything was fine. When I flew with the gimbal attached, I had major "Toilet Bowl Effects." I wonder if the magnets in the gimbal motors are too close to the compass. Anyone else having this problem? I did not have this problem with my home made mount which sat farther forward and placed the gimbal lower.
Tried adjusting the gains to typical P2 settings. Bird seemed twitchy. Recalibrated compass with gimbal attached and it still behaves the same. Any thoughts?

How close are the motors to the compass? It's definitely possible for for compass to be affected by the gimbal being too close. Can you hook it up to assistant and see if the gimbal mounted and unmounted are affecting you compass values and mod?

I have this same gimbal and new mount, but haven't had a chance to fly due to lots of snow. I'm interested in what you find out...

ElGuano said:
How close are the motors to the compass? It's definitely possible for for compass to be affected by the gimbal being too close. Can you hook it up to assistant and see if the gimbal mounted and unmounted are affecting you compass values and mod?

The rear motor is the closest on mine and it's about 2 1/2 inches from the compass...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1