Gimbal advice please

Reaction score
Hello all, I know the new gimbal is on its way, but, I can't afford both, I'd like to buy a hero 3 black and a gimbal, but that's a lot of money in one go ! Anybody please give me a few tips on cheaper options, ideally I'd like a gimbal with vertical tilt and useable for FPV.

Cheers all

Thank you, I've been looking at the x2 wide, it looks great, I'm sure it would be plenty for my needs, now I just need to pay some bills and lie to the misses about the price !

Thank you, I've been looking at the x2 wide, it looks great, I'm sure it would be plenty for my needs, now I just need to pay some bills and lie to the misses about the price !

You will want to get a 6v Bec when you purchase it, to power the servo's correctly.
also take a look at the modification I did to mine.

http://flicker.com/photos/you_gene_1/phantom

you will see that I added a piece of carbon fiber to act as a back rest. (you have to leave a gap at the bottom for the waterproof
housing to clear nicely).
Then just add servo tape to the back rest, for the GoPro to adhere to. "nothing too strong"

Also run a piece of string through the waterproof housing mounting hole, and attach to the mounting base, with enough slack
to allow full movement of the gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl