Gigibon graphite propeller install instructions

Reaction score
Has anyone upgrade at the propellers on their Phantom to use the Gigibon graphite propellers? I just received mine today and there are no install instructions. It is simple enough to figure but the thread direction are conditional on what side of the Phantom you install them on and I'm afraid of putting them on in reverse order. It does not appear that the instructions are easy to find on the internet.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anecdotally, the overwhelming opinion is that non-DJI props do not perform properly and result in control issues and in some cases crashes. The motors, props, and ESC firmware are part of a tuned propulsion system and non-OEM equipment upsets that balance.
Sorry to sound so negative but you're better off returning them and getting DJI spares.

Out of curiosity, what are Gigibon graphite propellers? Do you have a link to a sales or information site? I did a Google search and the only result that showed up was a link to this conversation on Phantompilots.com .

FWIW Phantom 4 propellers have no threads. They use a press and twist mount. They are designed to only fit on the correct motors. They can't be installed wrong.

Um, nevermind. This there appears to have been a bad idea. I didn't realize the Phantom 4 was precisely tuned for the propellers so I'm returning the whole package.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

P4 settings are optimized for stock blades. They look maybe less apealing than CF ones but working well and perfectly balanced.

Performance wise you might gain something but probably not resolve the known possible issue putting bird at risk, I would like to share with you: metal spring fatigue.

Some of us crashed mid air and personally I have lost one blade right at startup, just flipped upside down. Hopefully the software detected malfunction and immediatly cut off motors. Well done DJI, spinning motors, even for few seconds, would have possibly caused some damage.

My recommendation would be that you keep an eye on these metal parts as playing key role, double-check their position, each prop well mounted, as well ideally don't let props mounted as adding more pressure on metal. Also check all screws are tight, little pencil mark can help, see picture.

For me this is the base before considering any props upgrade using same mount system. Hope does help!
0c79ea01d1b244f2a9fb96583dbbc5ed_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragonfly2016

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik