Ghetto FPV / 12v Car Socket (Beginner Questions)

Reaction score
Hi,
First post on the forum from someone looking to get into copters and FPV (UK based).

Sorry if these are the same questions everyone asks, and/or if these questions lead to other, more complicated questions but...

Is it possible / easy to use my old PC monitor as the FPV monitor?
I'd ideally have it powered by my car's 12v charger so I can sit in my car and fly around (unless this is impossible / unsafe of course). If I have to, I'd just buy a FPV-suitable monitor instead.

I also already have a GoPro Hero 2, so which version of the Phantom / Phantom 2 do you recommend I buy in order to not waste money? I know virtually nothing about video transmission so I want as little faffing around as possible. Will I need to buy a camera mount (gimbal too expensive probably), a video transmitter, GoPro -> transmitter cable, a video receiver and video receiver -> monitor cable/adapter?

Again, apologies if these are annoying questions, tell me to Eff off if so!

Thanks

Does anyone know about using an old PC monitor as a FPV display? What would I need to buy to receive the image from the transmitter on the copter (and would I need anything else to convert it to the right resolution, etc?)

Lets-Bump.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20