Getting your Phantom back: Message in a bottle

Reaction score
I just removed the sticker from the inside battery cover, cleaned it up with some iso alcohol, and made up the following sticker in 9 point bold font. The dimensions precisely fit the available space using that font, and seems very "official" looking. The text reads as follows:

This quad contains a GPS
tracker. Failure to return
may result in prosecution.
(123) 555-1212*

* Your cell or home number goes here. :lol:

I LIKE it!

PF

Hey PF.... just noticed your signature lyrics from Pink Floyd. Truly great music. Nice choice !!!

J

Or you could just say: 'If found, please call 555-0909-2111'. most people who find an RC quad like the Phantom will be happy to return it [especially since it is of no use without the controller]. As the owner, you can expect a lot of questions about it. People do find them interesting. I speak from experience; I've had two flyaways, and the cellphone rang within 30 minutes.
Another trick is to put a keyfinder on your Phantom so you can call it.
Michael McBain
Melbourne, Australia

mmcbain said:
Or you could just say: 'If found, please call 555-0909-2111'. most people who find an RC quad like the Phantom will be happy to return it [especially since it is of no use without the controller]. As the owner, you can expect a lot of questions about it. People do find them interesting. I speak from experience; I've had two flyaways, and the cellphone rang within 30 minutes.
Another trick is to put a keyfinder on your Phantom so you can call it.
Michael McBain
Melbourne, Australia

Haha you obviously don't live in the US lol
In larger cities a flyaway likely will never find it's rightfully owner
In smaller towns and cities people might be a bit more eh we will just say nice lol

Yeah, threatening people to get a certain response doesn't seem like an effective strategy. I simply had my phone number on the props of my flyaway and the guy that found it called me right away. He didn't seem like the type to be intimidated by a threat on a crashed toy.

I have labels on my current quads that just say REWARD and the number to call.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl