Getting those awesome shots!!

What other topic do you want me to write on?

• Safety

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What to do in what emergency

• Camera settings

• How to get smoother shots

• Other (PM me or write it in the comments if you want)

• Total voters
Reaction score
First of all I'm sorry for the late post, Been quite busy so had to come up with a topic fairly quickly, so bare with me!

Today I'm going to go over some awesome shots that will help inprove your drone footage!

Plan your flight and shots.
One thing you don't want to do is get up there and fly around looking for things to film. This is going to drain your battery and you won't get much out of it.

Uncentered target.

When filming a moving target like a car, boat, biker etc., dont keep it in the center of the screen. This can get boring and it revieals the background a little if not centered.

Target off screen.
When filming a moving target like a car, boat, biker etc. let the target go of the screen or start to go of the screen slowly at the end of the shot. Either slow down your drone or speed up. This makes a good transition shot.

Fly throught.
A way to reveal somthing is to fly throught somthing (bridge, trees, etc.). You can also fly over a building, bridge, mountain, etc.
WARNING: This can be a risky shot. Make sure you can see the drone clearly and know you soroundings!

Farward or backward, up or down.
Another way to reveal something is to move forward or backward and pan the camera up or down.

Golden hour.

The most beutiful time of the day, the golden hour. The golden hour is the hour of sunrise and the hour of sunset. Nice way to start and end a video, or even for the whole video.

Go slow.

You don't want to go to fast because it makes it seem more like a shot from a helicopter. It also is not as calming and relaxing.

Up & down.
Flying up and tilting the camera down at the same time makes a nice shot because it reveals the surroundings. You can also just point the camera down and go up or put the camera forward and go back and up at the same time.

Sorry I dont have video examples.
Let us know what shots you like and don't like.
Share your favorite shots below!
Happy & Safe flying everyone!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl