Getting ready to bite the bullet

Reaction score
Going to buy the Phantom 4 Pro. I seen a bundle package on Walmart.com for $1529. It was going to take 18 days to arrive. Sounds like it's coming from China. Where did you buy yours ?

I bought mine direct from DJI since I ordered it the first day it was released. If I ordered again today, I'd get it directly from Amazon since they have the best return policy and have many authorized DJI dealers with stock. I have some local stores that sell Phantoms around me, but all of them charge tax and none have great return policies.

Don't buy from BestBuy, they only have a 2wk return/exhange privilege unless your ALREADY Elite class of customer, which is then 30 days. Also, it seems BB has the worst luck for bad inventory. It's extremely important to have return exchange privileges for a month, as sometimes it takes a month to find an issue with your drone. It took me 3wks to find a vibration in my P4P gimbal because in only vibrated in the wind during a hover and the craft was tilted 20 degrees. This showed up as jello in the SD video. Once I noticed it I could easily reproduce the vibration with motors off, simply holding it 20 degrees down on the left. I had to send it into DJI for repair, which took 3wks (not too bad). Amazon is the best option IMO, if you make sure to confirm the seller is an authorized DJI seller, that's important. With Amazon they are quick to exchange, no hassle too for 30 days. P4P quality is not consistent, the odds are 50-50 that you'll get a good one IMO. So many new pilots find issues in the first month after they start flying, I think because DJI doesn't test their craft individually before they box them up. But if you get a good one, they're a dream to fly. Very addicting.

I got mine from B&H. Since I'm in the northeast it's next day shipping free, and since I'm not in NY it's tax free.

Their price match policy is pretty wiggle-roomy and I buy a decent amount there so it may have had an influence - but I received a price match on the P4P of $1,385 I think it was, this was recently. That's with free next day ship and no tax, so I was pretty happy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20