Getting married Friday in Central Park, NY - Need to buy a P

Reaction score
Hello
We will get married next friday in Central Park - New york
Which is great

However now I had an idea to buy or rent a Phantom in New york to make a Movie of the weeding
Any suggestions where to buy or rent the phantom

We live in Sweden and are flying to US on Monday.

Thank you in advance

Re: Getting married Friday in Central Park, NY - Need to buy

Personally, I'd recommend that you drop the Phantom idea and enjoy the happiest day of your lives :)

If you really want AV of your wedding, find a professional aerial photographer who will do that for you. It's not something you want to personally be worrying about on an occasion like that. And if you fly it yourself, or have a friend fly it, you're simply not going to get any usable footage that will be memorable. Add to that the fact that any video will need to be close enough to make out people's faces, and a multicopter is not exactly silent. Do you want a guy with a weed whacker trimming the hedges 20ft from your ceremony?

Btw, congrats on the wedding! May many happy years lay ahead of you :)

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats and +1, also you'll have fun flying a 'drone' in Central Park... Just saying...

ElGuano said:
Personally, I'd recommend that you drop the Phantom idea and enjoy the happiest day of your lives :)

+10. Save that for another day. Not worth it.

Yep. Hire a wedding photographer that does aerials. Also... Most of Central Park is part of a No Fly Zone in the latest Firmware. If you want a really good wedding photographer that does aerials as well as videos and photographs... Contact MPW Media Group out of New Jersey. I have seen their work and they are simply amazing.

isnt it illegal to use quads for commercial use in this state?
in other words, you wont be hiring anyone with a quad (not legally anyway)

dragonash said:
isnt it illegal to use quads for commercial use in this state?
in other words, you wont be hiring anyone with a quad (not legally anyway)

I don't know. I do know that there are professionals all over NY/NJ using them. You wouldn't be liable for anything they do unless the job you hire them to do is criminal. Like if I hire someone to photograph my wedding and he hurts someone purposefully then the photographer is liable, but If i hire a photographer specifically to harm someone that's different.

From a damage standpoint just make sure they are bonded and insured.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj