Getting interference with accessories....?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
New to Multi Rotor photography but not flying. I recently purchased the Phantom2 with H3-3d. My setup right now is a Flysight 5.8 Xmitter; Black Pearl monitor/receiver; and a DJI IOSD mini. With this setup I am fine and bird flies like it should. But when I try to install the DJI 2.4ghz ground station module in the phantom, I am getting RF interference or something because I cannot acquire all satellites to go green. I have installed this inside and outside of shell. How is everyone setting this kind of setup?

I have the IOSD mini hooked up to the onboard can bus pulled inside of shell. I also have an FPV hub that everything is hooked up to. I hook up the 2.4ghz module to the IOSD mini. There is not really much room in the shell and cannot see how or where to place this to not get interference. As soon as I disconnect it from Phantom, I get GPS lock almost instantly. Any advise would be appreciated, thanks

Dallas

kd5zwf said:
Hello everyone,
New to Multi Rotor photography but not flying. I recently purchased the Phantom2 with H3-3d. My setup right now is a Flysight 5.8 Xmitter; Black Pearl monitor/receiver; and a DJI IOSD mini. With this setup I am fine and bird flies like it should. But when I try to install the DJI 2.4ghz ground station module in the phantom, I am getting RF interference or something because I cannot acquire all satellites to go green. I have installed this inside and outside of shell. How is everyone setting this kind of setup?

I have the IOSD mini hooked up to the onboard can bus pulled inside of shell. I also have an FPV hub that everything is hooked up to. I hook up the 2.4ghz module to the IOSD mini. There is not really much room in the shell and cannot see how or where to place this to not get interference. As soon as I disconnect it from Phantom, I get GPS lock almost instantly. Any advise would be appreciated, thanks

Dallas

The 2.4Ghz system should not interfere with GPS signals as they are on 1.5Ghz.
It's possible a harmonic of 2.4Ghz is causing an issue. Check inside the phantom under the GPS to ensure that the sticky copper shield is in place. This isolates the GPS receiver from Phantom internal RF noise.
You can even "reinforce" it with some stick silver tape from a hardware store to see if that helps. Avoid cooking foil etc as you may short out the internals!!

Yeah the shield is in place and cable hooked up. I will give that a try and find some silver tape. Thanks for the reply

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav