Getting FPV from P2 with go pro ?

Reaction score
One of my local electronic shops is offering the P2 with a go pro white edition at a good price. (also inc electronic gimbal) .

However FPV is for me quite important and wondering how you get the live stream from the camera to my iPhone ?

What extra do I need to do this ?

The offer would save me a lot if I can do this.

Thanks....

Thanks

It looks quite complicated :-(

The go pro has wifi built in can that not stream video ?

As for as I know you can't FPV to an iPhone or any WIFI device because of the dangers of the WIFI interfering with the control of your Phantom. I think everyone that wants FPV on a Phantom 2 is either buying an FPV kit or purchasing a TX & RX/Monitor that are compatible with each other.

The FC40 camera is wifi so not sure but I understand what you mean.

I really want FPV but can't justify the cost of vision +.

I was going to get fc40 then saw this offer offer on.

But if I then have to spend another few hundred to get it upto what I would like.

robinb said:
The FC40 camera is wifi so not sure but I understand what you mean.

I really want FPV but can't justify the cost of vision +.

I was going to get fc40 then saw this offer offer on.

But if I then have to spend another few hundred to get it upto what I would like.

The FC 40 works on 5.8ghz for it's RC so will not interfere with wifi.

The Phantom 2 should NOT BE USED with GoPro (or any) wifi turned on. There are warnings all over the operating instructions and DJI web pages. You run the risk of crashing your Phantom or worse.

Thanks

That explains how they do that then.

I did not realise they used a different frequency.

Cheers

The FC40 and Phantom 2 VISION models use a different frequency set for the RC so they can stream via wifi. The Phantom 2 non-vision RC operates in the same frequency range... it's not wifi per se, but the same frequencies so what happens is as the phantom moves away from you... if you have the gopro wifi on that local wifi becomes a stronger signal than your RC and you lose control. best case a failsafe / return to home... worst case a total flyoff. definitely don't do!

If you're comfortable at allwith a little soldering it really isn't hard to build and install a fpv system. basically you get a transmitter and broadcast to a little LCD receiver or goggles you wear. There are a LOT of threads around here discussing them you can find, and here is a really good video showing an install of an iOSD mini, FPV and Zenmuse.

If you aren't comfortable with stuff like that, either go with a P2-Vision model or perhaps find a local hobby shop that could install it for you.

I don't think that the GoPro wifi can go beyond about 30 feet anyway. I'm not sure how far the wifi works on the Vision+ but it certainly can't compete in distance with the FPV add-ons for that you can install on the Phantom 2. I would say you sacrifice convenience for quality and flexibility by going with a Phantom 2 non vision & a GoPro camera.

Bluegrass said:
I don't think that the GoPro wifi can go beyond about 30 feet anyway. I'm not sure how far the wifi works on the Vision+ but it certainly can't compete in distance with the FPV add-ons for that you can install on the Phantom 2. I would say you sacrifice convenience for quality and flexibility by going with a Phantom 2 non vision & a GoPro camera.

totally agree with this. plus now you have a gopro you can use for anything when you aren't flying phantom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj