Getting "Firmware Version Unknown" on my RC

Reaction score
I just got my iPad Mini 2 and set it up, loaded the new DJI GO app and connected my RC to the Phantom 3....No warnings, nothing out of the ordinary like I had with my Nexus 7 (The Nexus 7 said I had reh correct and latest firmware but the app kept telling me to upgrade). I checked the general page and it said "Firmware Version Unknown"....what in the heck does that mean? Is there any way for me to "force" the new firmware into my RC? I think it has to be done via the tablet now with the lightning cable, right?....I had no luck using an SD card or a USB stick on my Nexus....

Nope....didn't work. I'm not getting the "upgrade required" message on my tablet. If I connect the aircraft to it, everything looks fine. Like I said in my initial post, the only thing amiss is that, under "version" is says "unknown"...not the correct version or even a prior one...just "unknown". All it says in that box is "No Signal"

OK, now I shut it down and turned it back on and there is no mention of the version at all. In the "About" section it just lists the app version as 2.0.0 and a link to the DJI website.

If I connect the aircraft to it, everything looks fine.
That makes sense. You must be connected to your aircraft in order to see the firmware version.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik