Getting a P2 today - should I upgrade firmware?

Reaction score
So I'm upgrading from an FC40 and never had any firmware issue, since it was widely ignored by DJI lol

The question is, when I get the P2 today and the firmware is an older version, should I keep it as is?
I didnt pay close attention, but I did notice lots of people complaining about the new firmware and the inability to downgrade.

You live in an area of high magnetic declination (NY), so you'd get real benefits from the latest 3.06 firmware which learns to handle this. With earlier firmware versions it'll probably take several minutes of every flight in GPS mode before you'll be able to fly in a straight line.

dont i know it.
The fc40 suffers the same issue.

hence the "ignored by dji" comment lol
I just wasnt sure if it was worth it as I had heard people complain about really slow decline speeds and some other stuff.

I kinda have the same question - I picked up my P2 yesterday and wondered if I need to check/update the firmware before I attempt to fly.
I haven't read all of the posts, but I get the impression that 3.06 causes more problems than it fixed.

When I tried to start the program, it made me register with dji - which said it would send a confirmation code - which I haven't gotten.. So I'm kinda stumped.

Is the computer setup required? I've seen YouTube videos on how to do all of this- gotta go look them up again I guess since the quick start guide makes no mention of "how-to"s with the config programs.

rctoyguy said:
When I tried to start the program, it made me register with dji - which said it would send a confirmation code - which I haven't gotten.. So I'm kinda stumped.

Ignore the message - it doesn't need any account activation, even though it says it does :). Just log on with the credentials of the account you created.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20