Getting a battery that last longer

Reaction score
Is there a way that I can get a battery that last longer or is there a way that I can buy a bigger battery for my phantom 2 cause 20 minutes of flight time isn't enough for me and what I'm trying to accomplish

Is there a way that I can get a battery that last longer or is there a way that I can buy a bigger battery for my phantom 2 cause 20 minutes of flight time isn't enough for me and what I'm trying to accomplish
I do not get that kind of flight time with my batteries. Lucky if I can get 17 minutes. I'd feel great if I could get 20 out of them.

I do not get that kind of flight time with my batteries. Lucky if I can get 17 minutes. I'd feel great if I could get 20 out of them.

That's about right for a new DJI stock battery for a loaded P2 from takeoff to landing at 15 percent. How much more time you'd get from a Limefuel 6000 mah battery but I think it would surpass 20 minutes fully loaded.

Aren't 6000mah batteries heavier so the weight cancels out the power gain?

Aren't 6000mah batteries heavier so the weight cancels out the power gain?

There was a very slight increase in grams but not enough to cut into flight time. The reason why there isn't extra weight is the use of series/parallel circuits

That's about right for a new DJI stock battery for a loaded P2 from takeoff to landing at 15 percent. How much more time you'd get from a Limefuel 6000 mah battery but I think it would surpass 20 minutes fully loaded.
Are the Limefuel 6000 batteries reliable and safe to use?

Are the Limefuel 6000 batteries reliable and safe to use?

Some here have been using them and other makers I have no idea how many exactly are using them. But will you get more then 20 minutes I doubt you will because it depends on the weight of the quad.. My P2 weighs 1361 grams and on a new DJI stock battery I get 16 1/2 minutes from 99% to 15% where everyone else stop flying at 30 -20 percent.

Some here have been using them and other makers I have no idea how many exactly are using them. But will you get more then 20 minutes I doubt you will because it depends on the weight of the quad.. My P2 weighs 1361 grams and on a new DJI stock battery I get 16 1/2 minutes from 99% to 15% where everyone else stop flying at 30 -20 percent.
Your flight time looks about right. That's what I'm getting for flight time. My craft also weighs 1361 grams as outfitted in my signature, including the Flytrex and Marco Polo Tracker bug.

Your weight has gone up from your signature amount. Added stuff no doubt.

Hi Michael,
there has been said much about aftermarket batteries. Some work, some do not. Be aware that DJI is trying to keep other battery manufacturtes off it's competition, so P2 firmware updates are trying to identify aftermarket batteries and if identified, your P2 just will refuse to lift off...

Your flight time looks about right. That's what I'm getting for flight time. My craft also weighs 1361 grams as outfitted in my signature, including the Flytrex and Marco Polo Tracker bug.

Your weight has gone up from your signature amount. Added stuff no doubt.

That's the basic weight without adding the snap on extension landing gear which gives me an extra 30mm height. I use the snap on's because my hard case cannot handle longer landing gear and $15.00 was a good price. With the hero 4 black it now weighs in at 1378 grams.

Last edited:
A week ago, my friend and I went out to fly at the beach. After a few successful flights, one of his 3rd party batteries just said "ERR2" and he couldn't us it anymore. (The banggood battery that has a little LCD screen.)
It's not very confidence inspiring. If you're just flying at home, it's not a big deal. If you're on your vacations and all your 3rd party batteries start bricking, it is a big deal.

I've been waiting for the 6000 Limefuels to hit the market in the US for 6 months and they never did... Are they finally available from a US source?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1