Get your license, it's easy - link inside

Reaction score
With the FAA cracking down on commercial UAV use, it is probably only a matter of time before the FCC decides to act on the unlicensed FPV hobbyists. It really isn't that hard to get a technician license and most OSD's allow you to display your callsign to be fully compliant. Don't be the poor guy who they decide to make an example of!

http://www.arrl.org/getting-your-technician-license

What is this license for? Amature radio? I was gonna get one but after calling around some clubs that offer testing they said I am complying with regulations flying my phantom FPV with fat sharks. He said is had to do with some type of spectrum and I was still in the publics spectrum

Is fatshark spread spectrum? That is the only way they could be license-free. If they are they should have an FCC Id number printed on it somewhere. If there is no ID, then it isn't license free.

Gee, do I need a license for my 5.8 ghz wireless phone as well?

;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So let me get his straight because the guy I was talking to also said some things about cellphones and people don't have licenses for them. Do I need a license to use the fat shark. I don't have them in front of me so I don't know of they have the Id. I'm using the stock transmitter I think it's 200. I'm looking to upgrade to a 500.

Greggreenberg said:
So let me get his straight because the guy I was talking to also said some things about cellphones and people don't have licenses for them. Do I need a license to use the fat shark. I don't have them in front of me so I don't know of they have the Id. I'm using the stock transmitter I think it's 200. I'm looking to upgrade to a 500.
Yup. Illegal. FatShark is based in China so they aren't going to concern themselves with legality in the US unless it prevents them from selling and so far it hasn't.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj