Get your hands off my drone!

Reaction score
I had just finished photographing the interior and exterior of a home when the broker arrived. I sent my P3S up about 75 feet and got a nice aerial of the home as it sits on a double lot out in the country. We exchanged pleasantries as I packed my car - he is an amiable older gentleman who has been a broker for 40 years. While we were talking, an accountant friend of his pulled up and said 'hi'. Next thing I know, the broker asks if he can show the accountant my drone. I figure he's going to open my car door and let his friend see my Phantom. Oh no. Next thing I know the broker has my girl by one leg and is waving her in the air! "Look Ed!" Ed lets out a long whistle. My heart is pounding as I watch the broker fumble with my bird with one hand while he is holding his briefcase with the other. I wanted to leap on the fool and knock him senseless!!!

Am I being too sensitive?

Reactions: Jack Mackinnon
That would piss me off, anybody that I have shown mine to has never even ask to handle it, I hand it to them to show them the weight of it.
I would have not "Pity the Fool"

My phantom is like my guns. You don't touch without asking. After you ask, I will unload it and hand it to you properly. Take a look and give it back the same way I gave it too you.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jason Porembski
insert foot .........well you no where

too sensitive? no, not at all. you work for your stuff. it's only proper to expect others to handle YOUR things just as cautiously.

Did he sweep? How was his trigger control?! Oh, wait................. lol!

I would have firmly informed him to set the drone down carefully, and slowly back away.

I figured there were others who felt like me. I'm surprised how many think they are 'toys'. My drone is just as valuable as my high-dollar DSLR camera! I don't believe anyone would grab my camera out of the car and wave it around like that. Do people just lose their minds when they see a drone? Come on people!!! Drones are not toys!!!

nope drones are a family member

Reactions: mrcrane2u
There's no need for anyone to touch my drone. I'll set it on my van and let people look at it. I'll hover it to about 8 feet sometimes and show them the screen and stuff and explain things while it just sits there. No need to touch.

I don't think you are wrong to be upset. Wonder what he might have though if you'd grabbed his computer and were swinging it around...

I would have been very firm and if not clear as I could be. Don't first off open my door to my car. Let alone touch any of my property.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's just bad upbringing and most likely a rare, if not an isolated case. Most of the people I show my drone to gets intimidated by it. The worst people has done was lightly turn the props.

I have demonstrated my P3P to a couple of people. I let my future son-in-law pilot it a bit, after I flew it into position in an open field. He only maneuvered it a bit, then handed the controller to me, saying he was too scared to fly it...like I was the first time!

he's scared because you're going to be his FIL. that's a respectful and healthy fear. more young men should have that.
:grin:

You need a pre-emptive shirt print:

NO - It's a Phantom and NOT a drone.
YES - It's expensive.
NO - you may NOT have a go.
YES - I am a 40yr old virgin.

That would have made me livid. Well, it wouldn't have happened in the first place. Some "soft-no" responses:

"I'm sorry but please do not handle the camera." ('Camera' makes it all inclusive without DRONE!)
"The camera is insured but it can only be handled by myself."

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl