geofence for phantom2 only...for now?

Reaction score
I have been reading up on the new phantom 2 update with 10000 areas of geofence blocks. Apparently for now it is just for the phantom 2 but should we expect this to come to the phantom 1/fc40 also? I hope not, because I fly responsibly and don't want to be punished for some other ****** flying onto the white house lawn. After all it was a phantom 1 that flew onto wHite house grounds. Anyone else have any info on this or any other opinions?

As long as you don't do the update or connect to naza-m with the internet connected you should be ok. It's not like they can do a forced OTA update to all the phantoms out there.

Being the fc40 is now discontinued I dont they are going to ever be making any new updates for the fc40. Plus there should be no reason to ever update the fc40 to newer firm ware being if they did do the big brother update for the fc40 they are not going a to also add any thing useful and only put limitations or screw stuff up in typical dji fashion. So if its not broke dont try to fix it.

and even the recent firmware update that they tried to do for the phantom 2 they pulled it for now cause it was very buggy and causing too many problems.

Thanks for the replies and info, I won't be updating my fc40 anytime soon. Don't want any restrictions as I fly responsibly although I do fly long distance fpv at 1000 to 1500 meters. This can be done responsibly if you don't do it over population areas

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik