General rant against range video

Reaction score
*feel free to ignore as I just need to rant*

so im pissed.

Last week I decided to get a P2 and equip it with FPV.
I ordered all of my items with 2 day standard shipping. Every item came on time except range video's.

I first ordered an SMA blackpearl from them. Only to hear a full day later that it was out of stock (the page was not updated at the time)

1 day lost
ok... had to order from another place.

However, I still had a tarrot monitor mount on order from them. Great!
Somehow it gets delivered to Omaha! WTF?
Ok, it could be the post office. They are dumb. We all know that. Multiple days lost!

I call them up and re-order.
Right back to Omaha!

Whats wrong with Omaha? Nothing... except that I live in BROOKLYN,NY!
I dont know whats with the shipping department there, but I will never be using them again.
That's not even close!
They ship from Florida, I'm on the East Coast... how does it go to Omaha?!

Now I go on vacation this tuesday with no mount for my monitor. This should be interesting....
In all honesty, it's really comical. However, I'm annoyed because vacation doesnt happen everyday and its not like I can just walk to a store and buy a mount!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 544
dragonash said:
Now I go on vacation this tuesday with no mount for my monitor. This should be interesting....

Use a normal tripod - all FPV monitors (at least all the ones I've ever come across) are threaded for a standard tripod attachment screw, and personally I think that using a tripod for your monitor is easier than attaching it to your Tx.

That was a good suggestion, Harry.

There is so much in the world that we don't have control of it's easy to forget about the one thing we do control...ourselves. Try not to let it ruin your vacation Dragon.

Also, looks like someone has a honey in Omaha! :eek:

HarryT said:
dragonash said:

Use a normal tripod - all FPV monitors (at least all the ones I've ever come across) are threaded for a standard tripod attachment screw, and personally I think that using a tripod for your monitor is easier than attaching it to your Tx.

actually harry, I thought of that too.
I got a small tripad for my wife's samsung galaxy camera and it fit.
The only limitation is that I cant walk around with it (obviously)

This tripod has those flexible legs, so I might try to jimmy-rig it onto the controller somehow lol

dragonash said:

This tripod has those flexible legs, so I might try to jimmy-rig it onto the controller somehow lol

I use one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manfrotto-BeFre ... B00COLBNTK

Extremely portable (it collapses to 16" long, weighs less than 3lbs, and comes with a zip-up bag) and sturdy. I originally bought it for photography, but it works great for FPV flying, too. I always sit down on my Phantom's storage box while I'm flying, so walking around isn't an issue for me. I've tried attaching my monitor to my Tx, but I've found that I much prefer having it on a tripod.

Don't let it spoil your vacation - have a great time!

HarryT said:
dragonash said:

I use one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manfrotto-BeFre ... B00COLBNTK

Extremely portable (it collapses to 16" long, weighs less than 3lbs, and comes with a zip-up bag) and sturdy. I originally bought it for photography, but it works great for FPV flying, too. I always sit down on my Phantom's storage box while I'm flying, so walking around isn't an issue for me. I've tried attaching my monitor to my Tx, but I've found that I much prefer having it on a tripod.

Don't let it spoil your vacation - have a great time!

oh wow.
Nah, I got the cheapo one for small cameras that you can wrap around things.

I guess I will make due with sitting on the small deck and hoping my reception goes for enough onto the beach!
Which reminds me, I need to test out the range today

Attachments

• IMG_20140816_114420.jpg
    IMG_20140816_114420.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 506
Sure - I certainly wouldn't spend that much money just on a monitor mount :). It's simply that, in my case, photography is another hobby, and I already had the tripod.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj