General inquiry about P3 Standard

Reaction score
Hi,
I am buying my new DJI Phantom this week and i am really excited as finally i made my mind to go for DJI and rather than Parrot Bebop.
Well i just wanted to know that would i be able to connect my ipad mini with the DJI even though that does not have a sim in it which means no 4g if i go out of the house on my ipad mini.
So just wanted to know that when you connect the drone with the App does it require internet to be connected to gether or not. how does that all work. Im a bit confused on this.

So just wanted to know that when you connect the drone with the App does it require internet to be connected to gether or not. how does that all work. Im a bit confused on this.
Yes ... no need at all for a sim card.
You can fly your Phantom in the middle of the Pacific ocean or anywhere there's no internet connection - because it doesn't use any internet connection for flying.

Hi,
I am buying my new DJI Phantom this week and i am really excited as finally i made my mind to go for DJI and rather than Parrot Bebop.
Well i just wanted to know that would i be able to connect my ipad mini with the DJI even though that does not have a sim in it which means no 4g if i go out of the house on my ipad mini.
That's a decision you will always be proud of haha.

Thanks guys this was a great help. Will be perfect caking up the drone tomorrow. I've ordered the iPad clip for the remote but for the time being I will use my phone.
Thanks again

So that means I can still have live view of the drone without Internet and enjoy the flying.

So that means I can still have live view of the drone without Internet and enjoy the flying.
Yup all the features are there even without data/internet. The only thing I believe is not there is the map (I think) and I think i've heard that Follow Me mode needs something with 4G, but not too sure.

If you don't mind me asking which iPad clip did you order, I got my P3S on Sunday and was thinking of purchasing one. Thanks!

Follow Me & Dynamic Home Point need GPS, not 4G/internet. But in order to get GPS on iPads, you need WiFi+cellular version (cellular does not have to be activated). The only things that need Internet are YouTube live streaming and map. Btw, it has to be at least iPad Mini 2 for smooth live view.

Reactions: Kneepuck
Follow Me & Dynamic Home Point need GPS, not 4G/internet. But in order to get GPS on iPads, you need WiFi+cellular version (cellular does not have to be activated). The only things that need Internet are YouTube live streaming and map. Btw, it has to be at least iPad Mini 2 for smooth live view.
Oh that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.

Reactions: Exellaus
Correction: The standard will not stream to youtube. It is not implemented in the standard. The Pro and Advanced can do so because the r/c connects to the device by usb.

Yup all the features are there even without data/internet. The only thing I believe is not there is the map (I think) and I think i've heard that Follow Me mode needs something with 4G, but not too sure.

If you don't mind me asking which iPad clip did you order, I got my P3S on Sunday and was thinking of purchasing one. Thanks!

Thanks mate for ur help I ordered from eBay here is the link
7.9" Tablet Holder Mount For DJI Phantom 3 Standard 2 Vision+ Quadcopter Fr iPad

Guys
I picked up my phantom 3 Standard yesterday and did my first flight today. :)
Well i just want someone to advise me what the 2 toggle switches are for on the standard remote. I tried looking up on youtube but unfortunately not able to find.
Could someone please advise
Thank you

If using iPad no 4g don't forget to open maps first and cache the maps for area you will be flying in if you want the map data. (Not required for flying at all but a nice to have)

Guys
I picked up my phantom 3 Standard yesterday and did my first flight today. :)
Well i just want someone to advise me what the 2 toggle switches are for on the standard remote. I tried looking up on youtube but unfortunately not able to find.
Could someone please advise
Thank you
Flick the S2 switch up and down multiple times for return to home. S1 switch fully upwards is GPS mode, middle is ATTI mode, and down is intelligent flight modes (waypoints, point of interest, etc.)

I suggest downloading and reading the manual. You would be amazed what information the manufacturer put in there.

Guys is anyone having issues with signal lost. I was testing how far it could go and in about 60m in altitude and around 50m in distance i get a warning that signal lost. and this happened quite a few times. every time i looked and i had at least 6 or more satellite. Not sure what is happening. I have the latest app version and battery for the drone and RC were full.

Have you got it in beginner mode?
That has 50m limit I believe.
No it is not in beginner mode. I took the drone around 60m and than it said signal lost in the app. and i cant take my drone further than 60m. or sometime even 50.
not sure why is this happening. :(

Are you near wifi interference? Mine won't take off near my house but will fly about 1000' range from 100 m away and over 3000' if I go in the middle of a field , incidentally near 330,000 Volt power lines which seem to have no obvious effect.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4