G'Day from Australia

Reaction score
Just bought a Phantom 3 std,I used it first to take aerial photos of our acreage property that is now for sale.But it will also be used when we go camping and offshore fishing.Landing it back on the boat does worry me a bit !
Cheers

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome. One tip I can give you is make sure you update your return home position to the Rc not the take of point if the boat will be in motion

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Giffo
Well that's interesting I have had a Std 3 for about 6 months. How do you update the home point. Probably a silly question. But I always thought the home point was always where you took off from. Now in Giffo' s situation, with the boat moving, how do you switch the home point to the RC. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Giffo .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Well that's interesting I have had a Std 3 for about 6 months. How do you update the home point. Probably a silly question. But I always thought the home point was always where you took off from. Now in Giffo' s situation, with the boat moving, how do you switch the home point to the RC. Thanks!

It's in the settings you can update it during flight if your location has chamged
aef80e83378e88c24d95277e83c33542.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well I looked and It's not there in the app. But I'm still running version 3.02. I really don't want the headaches I hear from some of these upgrades.

Thanks for the tip about the home point,I will look at changing that or how to later today.

Landing it back on the boat does worry me a bit !

Welcome from across the Tasman.

I would strongly recommend don't land - hand catch. In other words, bring the drone so it is hovering in front of you. Grab one of the landing legs, and then throttle right down to stop the motors.

Give it a go on dry land - it's much easier than it sounds. Great way to land anywhere grass is long, or there is sand around etc.

Reactions: Giffo
Just bought a Phantom 3 std,I used it first to take aerial photos of our acreage property that is now for sale.But it will also be used when we go camping and offshore fishing.Landing it back on the boat does worry me a bit !
Cheers

Welcome to the forum!

Also from Sydney, Australia. Flying the Phantom 3 Standard for four months and going strong!

Great to hear. Do you post videos if your flights online?

Actually halfway through making my first promo video! I've only recently nailed down the filming techniques and invested in some filters but I will definitely share these on the forum first when it's ready! [emoji2]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers