GCU's, IOSD's, and AVL58's Oh my!

Reaction score
Hello, I recently purchased a phantom 2, an IOSD Mini, a ZENMUSE H3-3D gimabl and a AVL58 with the intent of hooking up and streaming a Go-pro to my phone/ an external monitor however I am a little confused on getting it all to work together.

1. Are there better instructions on how to put all of this together besides the orrible user manual found here.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... .02_en.pdf

2. Do I need I need to use the ZENMUSE H3-3D GCU V2 on a DJI phantom 2 at all because so far the gimbal works fine without it.

3. What are the NAZA flight controllers and do I need to buy one?

4. Any other advice for this adventure?

Thanks!

1. Using this FPV HUB will let you connect all your listed components easily: http://www.extremeuas.com/products/dji- ... -cable-set

2. Nope, that GCU is for using the H3-3D on non-Phantom platforms.

3. The NAZA in your Phantom is a standard NAZA with custom P2-only firmware. You could replace it with a non-P2 NAZA which would give you the ability to use batteries other than DJI's smart batteries, but that would also involve more conversion work beyond just the NAZA. Unless you have a burning need to do that it's probably not worth the cost and effort.

I'll just chime in to make sure you realize you can't use your phone for FPV. You didn't mention it but I assume you did purchase a monitor and a video receiver card that has the ability to connect to your AVL58. The wiring of for your isod mini, video transmitter is fairly complex. Someday I'm going to diagram mine all out. I bought an FPV hub but I couldn't figure a way to make it work. It has about a half dozen or more sockets on it and the directions were not very helpful. I wound up taking the original 4 wire cable hanging out of the Phantom and using some common sense, I figured out how to split that cable apart some into the video and power connections and with some soldering I made it all work. I would watch a lot of YouTube videos to help you get a handle on how to integrate it all together. Good luck.

In the end, I got it all hooked up and working great. But you all are certainly right that the DJI instructions are pretty horrible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.