GCU V2

Reaction score
I have two question s that I need a bit of help with. I am fitting the Zenmuse H3-3D to a F550, the parts I have are the Gimbal and an iOSD2 and theGCU2 that was in the kit. All are fitted and now time to connect it all together, but as I have said there are two questions,

Q1 Do I use the jack plug to connect the iOSD AV to the GCU V2.? ( the pics show a DJI Z15 GCU) I presume they are the same thing and just plug together.

Q2 For the 3 position switch I have to use a separate channel on the receiver, as I am using S-bus do I plug into a receiver channel or plug into theF3 on the control unit, I am using a Taranis radio.

Hope who ever reads this can understand what I am trying to achieve Thanks for any future help.

Q1: correct, same connection as for the Z15 gimbals (looks like a headphone jack)

Q2: to whatever channel output you want to use on your X8R. Are you putting 2 cameras on the hex (or planning to)? If not, you don't need to bother with that connection, it's only used for switching between video feeds.

OI Photography said:
Q1: correct, same connection as for the Z15 gimbals (looks like a headphone jack)

Actually if you use the hub (where IOSD mini & Zenmuse cables connect) you don't need the headphone jack set up.

Thanks lads for the reply's, I managed to get it all working at last, now I have to figure out how to get tilt control. I am using a Taranis radio with the receiver connected to the WKM by s-bus, as there is only one cable to the WKM PMU how will tilt work. I have tried plugging into all the ch and nothing works, the other end of the lead is plugged to X3 as per the book. Have to hunt around for the Taranis user's, all this is on a F500 with iOSD2 and a DJI AVl58

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl