Gatwick live updates – Christmas getaway chaos as drones SHUT airport leaving passengers stranded facing 24 HOURS of delays

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is beginning to look like an organised deliberate attempt to disrupt flights. The lights in the sky have been seen for prolonged periods, and there are reported to be 2 of them, it has been going on now for 11 hours, it does not look like an accidental intrusion into restricted airspace.

Reactions: Ansia
So in the 1980's I held a Section 1 firearms certificate, which entitled me to own, shoot and transport hand guns to shooting competitions.
The knee jerk reaction of the UK government to two incidents, Dunblane and Hungerford , effectively put a stop to the public ownership of
hand guns for whatever purpose. and I was forced to surrender all of the hand guns I owned, for a pittance of financial compensation.

Don't get me wrong the killings at both Dunblane and Hungerford were horrendous and abhorrent, but both of the perpetrators of these crimes
were know to the Police, and know as unsavoury and unstable gun owners, but their licences were never revoked.

What has this got to do with drones..... nothing except the Knee jerk reaction of the UK government, when faced with pressured public opinion.
Was the gun ban done after extensive public consultation, NO ! was it done after consultation with manufactures and shooting organisations, NO !

Do you think that the same thing could happen to drone ownership YES ! if enough pressure was exerted by the public, 10,000 of whom have just had
their Christmas holiday travel plans disrupted, and the travel industry has lost £ 100,000's of pounds worth of revenue.

Does it matter to the UK government that the perpetrators were illegally operating drones to deliberately disrupt flights, not in the greater context.

Just another nail in the coffin I feel....

Waylander

It is beginning to look like an organised deliberate attempt to disrupt flights. The lights in the sky have been seen for prolonged periods, and there are reported to be 2 of them, it has been going on now for 11 hours, it does not look like an accidental intrusion into restricted airspace.
Thepilots don't want their mother in law yo arrive for christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1