Galaxy Tab S2??

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these yet and using it with the p3p or p3a? If so how do you like it and what we're you using before it? Thanks in advance.

Dave

Last edited:
Yes I have one and I've used it a couple time but its easier to just use my Note 5. It works fine, nothing special.

It seems this will be perfect the galaxy tab s2 8.0, i have a ipad mini 4 runs good but spec wise its the same as tab s2 so i will return the ipad and test the galaxy tab s2. Any feedback or other people who tested the tab s2?

Yes I have one and I've used it a couple time but its easier to just use my Note 5. It works fine, nothing special.
Does it run smooth with djigo app? Any rebooting ir crashes during flight? How about lag?

I just got a gently used P3 Advanced off Craigslist and bought a Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" tablet for it.

It works perfectly with no lag.

Definitely much better than my P2 V+ with a Galaxy S5 phone.
Thanks! I'll report my experience next week after getting my P3P!

I guess i have to wait, i would lobe to know how to be able to watch my flights on my ipad storage? Samsung does this automatically

I have Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB LTE - I love this with my P3P. Fits well in the device holder (only 2-3 clicks to lock), screen is bright and works well in Florida sunshine. No lag, no crashes. I have my Tab S2 semi-dedicated to my P3P, so I have only loaded a few extras on it - I also have not done anything special to disable any of the stock software that came on it, but I have zero performance problems with my P3P. I run DJI Go and Litchi, and upload my flight logs to Healthy Drones. I agree with the person who said they use their Note 5. I use mine sometimes (with everything else installed) and it works fine, but I prefer the big screen on my Tab S2 9.7. I considered getting an 8 inch tablet at one point but realized it was barely larger than my Note 5.

Thanks for the reply , i have a mini 3 i just got it runs great with app, just wanted samsung because the file transferring of files is pretty much effortless and my note 3 would automatically save my flights on my phone. Just found out it should be in the cache file ON in the app and apple should do the same. Apple has the lightning adapter that makes file transfers easy so ill just keep my mini 4

If you already have Mini 4, I don't see much point of changing your tablet.
I also have 9.7" S2, loaded with all my other apps. It runs DJI GO very well. Only thing is 9.7" tablet is a bit top-heavy on the R/C. The 8" version would be a perfect balance I think.

I like the ipad its smooth, only tested it a night but the real test will be during the day, what i like about the samsung tab s2 is the memory is upgradable, apple im stuck with 11.2 g which sucks, 1 long 4k video will almost fill that

If you already have Mini 4, I don't see much point of changing your tablet.
I also have 9.7" S2, loaded with all my other apps. It runs DJI GO very well. Only thing is 9.7" tablet is a bit top-heavy on the R/C. The 8" version would be a perfect balance I think.
I am going to rig some kind of attachment to my neck strap to keep the rc upright with my 9.7 attached :)

I like the ipad its smooth, only tested it a night but the real test will be during the day, what i like about the samsung tab s2 is the memory is upgradable, apple im stuck with 11.2 g which sucks, 1 long 4k video will almost fill that
So if your Mini 4 only a 16GB model? If so, don't bother copying your 40mbps/60mbps video files onto it, copy into your computer. Should have bought at least a 64GB model if you want to copy those huge video files in the first place.
My S2 has 32GB internal memory and I have added a 32GB Samsung Pro micro SD card. I don't even want to load those huge video files onto my S2, their place is in the TB hard drive of my home computer :D

I am going to rig some kind of attachment to my neck strap to keep the rc upright with my 9.7 attached :)
I am using a leftover neck strap from my broken Canon digital camera :D

23159813275_2832afd7e2_z.jpg

You might need those shoulder strap if you really want to keep the R/C upright.

Well actually im not interested in storing them there since i have a 64g on the craft where the videos are high def, just the cached videos will fill it up quick. One question i do have when i check my videos after my fligta i notice they cut into 2 videos, one about 10 minutes and the other about 7, why is that?

I believe your micro SD card is formatted in FAT32, thus the maximum file size is 4GB, which is that first 10 minutes part. It doesn't bother me anyway as I can easily stitch those video files together in my video editing software.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20