Galaxy Tab 4 Lag. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Okay so I have a Tab 4 which I have read people have been able to make work.
It does work, but it's very laggy. The FPV looks more like stopmotion than video.
I have rooted it, and overclocked it to 1.35ghz and while it's a little better it's still too laggy for me to use.

Before everyone jumps in and screams apple, I use my Droid Turbo 2 and it's silky smooth so I know it's possible on android. I'm just wondering if anyone else has any other ideas on how to smooth out the video.

airplane mode on, rooted, overclocked, only GO open.

A little annoyed at the moment because I got this thing after reading several accounts that it worked fine after sideloading the APK. Did I just get a dud or are all these people saying it works just morons who don't know what it's supposed to look like?

one word for you get a nvedia shield k1 tablet

That's a lot more than one word.
And the point here is I'm hoping for ideas before I upgrade. I prefer not to.

You need more computing power brother. Galaxy 4 is close, but not quite powerful enough. Flpholt makes a good suggestion. There is a list of other tested devices somewhere on this site. I bought a used Nexus 7 v2 on craigslist for under $100.

Reactions: flpholt
I like the nexus 7, I have a V1 and it's great. How does the v2 run? Any lag?

Disable video caching in the app. If it's hot where you fly, remove the tablet from any case it might be in which would cause it to overheat and the GPU to spin down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.