galaxy tab 4 and go app

Just logged in and read the new replies. I am running OS 4.4.4 on my 8". I bought it through E-bay, could I take it to a best Buy or someplace like that to get it reflashed? I researched the sideloading procedure and I'm not sure if i could do it (not really familiar with these things) without totally messingit up. Thanks again fort he replies. I have the apk file on it in the sd card so maybe there is hope yet.

Sideloading is pretty easy to do. You'll need to configure a setting on your device and use a file manager to locate and run the downloaded APK. See more details here.

Hi all. Thanks again for all your helpful tips, I really appreciate it. I was finally going to give up trying to download the DJI app for the day so I deleted the apk file off my tablet. Then I searched Chrome for another site to download from and found the app (not in the store). When I clicked to download it to my tab 4 it asked whether to use the Google play store or Chrome to download. I checked Chrome, and joila, it downloaded the actual app!!!!! I couldn't believe it. I then successfully bound it to the Phantom and everything seemed to work fine! I still can't believe it.. It's raining here today so I can't actually fly it but it started the motors inside (props off) no problem. Thanks again to everyone and when I get some time I will log back in with the link to the site I downloaded from in case anyone else is having the same problem I was having. At least now i know how to sideload apps. lol

NorCalRC - I'm glad you got the app installed! I had also tried that method but without success. So at least we know of several methods that may get a Tab 4 running the app. Thanks for your perseverance and for sharing your solution.

Just logged in and read the new replies. I am running OS 4.4.4 on my 8". I bought it through E-bay, could I take it to a best Buy or someplace like that to get it reflashed? I researched the sideloading procedure and I'm not sure if i could do it (not really familiar with these things) without totally messingit up. Thanks again fort he replies. I have the apk file on it in the sd card so maybe there is hope yet.

I just read this and wanted to clarify some impressions about who might and might not perform a reflash. In my case, there was a resident Samsung rep (actually there were two!) hanging around the mobile phone area of this particular Best Buy store. I don't know if all Best Buy's have this arrangement. The way this fellow spoke, he is there regularly and cited how slow things are for him in January, after the holiday rush. So a couple of things may have aligned: 1) There was a Samsung rep, 2) He was personally fascinated that only one of the three Tab 4's we fooled with wouldn't load the app and was determined to solve the riddle, 3) He wasn't busy.

I could see walking into a store that didn't have a resident Samsung rep and/or if they did, he (or she) wouldn't be interested or have time to do it. It may have just been my lucky day.

As have i. And android flashing also. All good info here, as my S5 and my Tab 4 are both on lollipop, and both run the app great

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.