galaxy tab 4 and go app

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is a way to get the go app on my tab 4 8" running OS 4.4? I've seen people on here who say that it works on theirs, but I can't even download it. My Note 4 works fine though. New to this and can use any help I can get.

You can download the DJI GO APK from here and sideload it.

You may need to go to settings/general/security and check "Unknown sources". Don't remember if I had to check it. DJI Go works well on the Tab 4

You may need to go to settings/general/security and check "Unknown sources". Don't remember if I had to check it. DJI Go works well on the Tab 4
I've done that and it still won't let me download the app. What's the deal with sideloading?

Thanks for your help. Now trying to figure out airdroid. Not as simple as their explanation. Not super computer literate (although I thought I'd be able to figure it out). I have the dji go file on tablet just can't get it to install as app.

Thanks Helijoc, at least I know now that it will work on a tab 4. I bought it just for the drone. I thought I had wasted my money for a while there. Just new to this and can't seem to navigate Airdroid.

Is there a reason you would not just download from the play store?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is there a reason you would not just download from the play store?

The play store will not let you install it. Warns that it is not compatible with the device.

I just installed it tonight on my Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 without a problem from the play store. That is why I was asking. I wonder why it works on some and not the others?

I just installed it tonight on my Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 without a problem from the play store. That is why I was asking. I wonder why it works on some and not the others?

Perhaps they updated the compatibility list since I installed.

Yeah it could be. I was just curious, thought I was missing something by loading the APK.

I have never flown with the tab only my iPhone 6s. Do you guys have any lag at all?

I have no lag with a tab 4. I started out with a Tab 2. It was my wife's. It downloaded and worked ok so I restored the tab to factory. Then it wouldn't load from the store. That is when I went on line and researched it and learn to sideload it. The tab 2 is a little weak of this so I went to a Tab 4. About $120 at Amazon. It wouldn't load from the store but it sideloaded ok and works fine. I am really old, 71, so you kids should be able to figure it out. Just know it can be done and u will be able to do it. If u can't figure it out ask an 8 year old

I just bought a Galaxy Tab 4 (T230) 7" yesterday from Best Buy and got the "non-compatable" message. I had successfully downloaded the Go App on two store demo units and figured I was good to go. I took it back to the store and worked with the Samsung rep for almost an hour. Resets, restarts, sideloaded the app several different ways without success. The Android build on my purchased unit was identical to the build on both store demo units. Long story short, the rep reflashed the RAM and the problem was solved. The Go App downloaded successfully from the Play store and I have connected to the Phantom. The rep stated that the reflash has to be done at the store (he had special Samsung software on his pc) and he doubted a helpdesk call would have helped. I chose the Tab 4 because the screen was significant brighter than other tablets on display at the store, including other Samsung Tab models. I hope this post helps other Tab users.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj