Galaxy tab 3 tablet for FPV?

Reaction score
I'm currently using a Galaxy S4 to run the Vision app but I find the screen a little too small for my eyes, I'm thinking about getting a Galaxy Tab 3 8" tablet. Is anyone using this setup or similar?, if so, what are you using for a mount?

Ive been using the galaxy tab3 8" a few months now, since the last app update it works like a dream. Before the last update fpv was a bit glitchy but that was a common problem across many types of phones and tablets. For mounting I've stuck with my cheapo diy job. Get a cheap tablet cover, one without a flip cover is best, get a foam sanding block from the hardware and superglue it to the back of the tablet cover. Let it dry and now the phone clamp just grips the sanding block. Whole lot cost me €10 :)

Now using the galaxy tab S with the soopa doopa amoled screen and its much better, clearer in daylight you can actually see the screen !!!

:D

Very nice, the 10" S is on my shopping list. Is it reallg that good in the sunlight? Get away without using a sunshade altogether?

Haven't tried it in sun yet so will let you know but it is a lot better in daylight than the ipad mini retina screen.

Updated when I have flown in sun.

;)

Thanks guys! I went ahead and bought the 8" Galaxy Tab 3, It's much better than using the phone.

I was just about to buy the new Samsung tab S 10" 2 hours ago for €499. The colours and definition are clearly better with the super ameloid screen but I took it outside to test in daylight (I know all the staff and sub contract work off them) and to be honest I wasnt too impressed with it in sunny sunlight and that was at 8pm so the sun was receding. Went back into the store, launced the play store app to download the vision app and guess what? Its not there. The fc40 app is available but no phantom vision app. It will probably be released soon but that was a deal breaker for me tonight. Its a lovely bit of kit and I will definitely buy it anyway but will probably wait till the app is released for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20