Galaxy S 4 as your FPV

Reaction score
Anyone using the Galazy S 4 as your FPV with your Phantom 2. I just ordered the Phantom Vision 2 and was wondering if the Galaxy S 4 was better then the iPhone 5 (my current device) for glare etc.

Thanks

I have an S4 and it works fine. It is difficult to see in the sun so I purchased an anti-glare screen cover and I'm looking without success for a sun shade. I've had an iPhone and the first thing I noticed after switching to an S4 is the display didn't seem as bright in the sun. I have not had a iPhone hooked up to the vision but based on general screen brightness I'd say the iPhone is brighter.

Another thing I've noticed is if I lose wifi connectivity I usually can't get the picture back unless I reconnect everything. I don't know if the iPhone does this as well, but it's probably something general about digital vs analog rather than phone specific.

I don't think any of them are good in the sun. I tried a anti glare screen and it was worse. That was with a asus memo pad HD. Now Ouse a iPad mini . It work great , better than the Android system , at least for me. Still has glare problems at times.

RamDez said:
I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and it works great, have no issues so far in the sun
I can't hold FPV on my Note 3 and I am sure my setting are right. Any help would be appreciated?

I can't imagine there would be a problem using the S4 - my S3 works perfectly. Connects quickly and holds solidly. Battery life is good - uses up to about 20% of the battery for a long (over 20 minute) flight.

mmotown said:
RamDez said:
I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and it works great, have no issues so far in the sun
I can't hold FPV on my Note 3 and I am sure my setting are right. Any help would be appreciated?

Only problem I have is when taking photos, twice the screen went black, I just hit the return button on the phone and it came back :)

I want to be able to connect the goggles so I can see everything clear without any sun in my eyes, i've been searching around the forum but haven't seen a good method of how to do it yet

krsdj1 said:
I want to be able to connect the goggles so I can see everything clear without any sun in my eyes, i've been searching around the forum but haven't seen a good method of how to do it yet

Your phone will need to be able to take a mini hdmi adapter, then run the hdmi cable into a compatible pair of goggles, fat sharks newest set, itv goggles and zeiss cinimizers are your options. They'll all be useless if you want to take photos as they will go black like your screen does when taking pics, and dont expect good quality video as it will only reproduce the resolution that your phone shows

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20