Gains using GWS 9050 tri-blades?

Reaction score
Just curious what gain settings some of you are using with the GWS 9050 tri-blades (black)? I've played around with a few variations but still don't feel that I've found the optimal settings -- still getting a bit of twitchiness now and then. Suggestions?

I guess I have to respond here then. ;) Gain wise I have my gains set on a nob of my controller and adjust if I think it needs it. Havent gone too high and have rarely flown in dead calm conditions to where I could go through all the gains and do a couple flights just adjusting these.

These will get a little squirelly on descent as they move a bit of air with the extra lift, the props themselves are quite soft so you cant go too high gain wise but depending on how heavy you are you may need to add some gain. Use the simple rule I found online regarding gains adjust up 10% then fly repeat the process until you get it oscillating then go back 10% from there. This is the same with all the gains and you can do pitch and roll together. With yaw adjust it to where it maintains yaw heading and has no drift then with altitude do this to a point where it maintains altitude at 50% throttle.

Each setup will be different depending on weight so I dont think there is any defaukt type setting and will take a little trial and error. With the second level att gains for just pitch and roll I havent really touched these as I understood these are the NAZA gains but I saw the vision has both set at 200 and those so next time I will go through a full gain setting and see what I find. I also want to get a set of vision props without nuts to try on my setup as those props may be the first ones to outdo the gws 9050's.

I also want to get a set of vision props without nuts to try on my setup as those props may be the first ones to outdo the gws 9050's.

Do you think the nuts could be popped out, or drilled out?

I have the first version of a Phantom...

Would it maybe be easier to get two counter-clockwise Phantom motors so the Props would screw on correctly? Might be a stupid idea...(just thinking out loud).

I use some different tiger motors that have regular round 5mm prop adapters, I think that those should be able to be drilled out or modified in some way. I am also interested in the tiger 9x3 carbon props though quite pricey have a similar profile to the Vision props and are a very high grade factory balanced carbon prop. So far I havent seen local stock of either props and I am still quite happy with the GWS 9050 triblades performance getting around 8 min flying around 1350-1400g with my gimbal and 2700 or 2800mah battery.

I really dont know how much smoother they can be with gain adjustments but my pretty much default gains have given pretty good results in calm conditions. They get a bit nasty in strong winds but that winds at 40-50kmh with a heavy phantom so I don't think too much can be done there regarding that but if the wind ever stops I will see if I can get mine tweaked as well as possible. Recent 20kmh winds are pretty calm here and so its either fly in wind or stay grounded, maybe should have stayed gounded the other day as I had a pretty nasty crash after breaking a prop. All my error still as I went through a tree pretty hard but flew out of it landing and inspecting everything. I hadn't noticed any issues and thought I checked the props very closely but about 10 minutes more air time when getting some higher shots from about 70m a blade broke and it came down fairly hard after hearing a pretty nasty sound in the air as the prop failed.

I find these GWS props quite frail and if you ever contact a branch best to replace the props as they are pretty cheap about $20 for 2 full sets here. I have hit this same tree on a few occasions too as its on my local FPV test track and did notice a hairline fracture on a prop after each impact i flew away from. This time I must have missed it but light was a little low but really not worth risking a full setup over $2.50 or $10 in props. I was lucky it came down in very long grass and hasnt had much damage but the shell may be slightly bent so I think I will replace the top with a spare I had. Broke all 4 props too and possibly damaged my vtx antenna again.

Thanks, very helpful. I just found that mine seemed really twitchy at the stock gain settings and required a lot more manual inputs to keep things steady. The first time I used 9" CF props they acted the same way, but eventually upped the gains for those to what DSLRPros recommended and it smoothed everything out for those. Thought maybe the triblades needed some similar magic.

You can make it better with gains adjustments just with softer blades you cant go as far as with stiffer carbon blades. Read througb the bottom of this page for a better idea of gain settings http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... ot_Setting doing a manual adjustment of these along with flight testing is best.

When I do go through and fully adjust gains I will make note of them but as I do it all in controller I dont actually see the figures but I know how many clicks on the nob I go and this is saved assuming I have the dials in the same position on my futaba radio. In flight its very easy to see if you have gone too far in gains as it starts to wobble but what that actual value is on mine I dont know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers