Gains and Expo Tuning

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Firstly I apologise if this has already been covered but I'm after some help adjusting the gains and expo settings. I'm trying to smooth the camera movements in the footage.

Thanks in advance

Make small adjustments and see if the difference is heading in the right direction. Consider yaw settings and pitch limits and pitch speed. The pitch speed settings can be adjusted as you have the phantom powered up on your kitchen table. You can also get a Yaw control device which adds elastic bands around the left stick giving resistance and thus slowing yaw even further. I also recommend flying upwind of the subject . Switching to ATTI mode will let the phantom drift along in the wind for nice effect.

If you want smoother aerial, leave gains as they are. Adjust active braking to 70 (stops the whiplash effect when you stop). Then adjust all expo settings to 0.20. The one that is critical for smooth yaw is the rudder expo setting.

Also a relatively unknown one, especially for yawing - make the control sticks longer.

They are in two halves, both screwed on. Unscrew the top half completely, then unscrew the bottom half up a bit leaving a few threads exposed. Then replace the top half and tighten everything up. It makes the sticks about 20% longer, and makes for much easier control when yawing. And it's free too.

Also, if you're doing this, you can turn the top half upside down so that the knobbly bits are smooth, if you see what I mean.

Reactions: Daptone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4