Gain settings for FC40 with Gimbal

Reaction score
Anyone knows good gain settings for Phantom 1 with:
- Gimbal Walkera 2D
- GoPro 3
- 2800mAh Zippy
- 1000mAh for FPV
- FPV BOSCAM (60 grams)

Start with the stock settings and experiment upwards (no pun) to what you're comfortable with. What's good for one person might not be good for another depending on the flying, recording, etc you're trying to get.

Re: Gain settings - keep this in mind - the first #s Pitch, Roll, Yaw & Vertical - are adjustments to how the craft acts to conditions - wind, weather, temps. The second #s (or Atti gains) are how the craft reacts to stick input. And ALWAYS calibrate everything - sticks, advanced IMU calibration & compass calibration whenever you make changes.

Everything is OK, but when Phantom going down doing it too fast and i'm afriad that it may lose stabilization. Can it be slow?

If you still have the stock 8" props there's not a great danger it will go wrong while descending fast. Don't overdo it though. The wind and air pressure play a role also and can mess things up. In perfect weather conditions and flying at <1000m above sea level, you almost can't go wrong no matter if you keep the throttle stick all the way down.
If you have mounted 9" Phantom 2 props however, it's a whole different story. DJI doesn't allow P2 and Visions, in the firmware, to descend any faster then 1.8-2m/s, which is dead slow, believe me. Much, much slower than you would want. The temptation to bring it down much faster (and you can, with a P1 or FC40 with Naza-M V2) is enormous, especially when you are low on battery. But you will have to restrain yourself and take it slow, otherwise you have 'the right to crash'.

There's no way to set a max descent speed in the Naza-M V2 assistant. It's up to you, the pilot to decide (what I love about Naza-M V2).

Thanks for the reply.
I have the original props. With Phantom 2 props and modification gains, fell down. Very unstable setup for me.

Ahh, good. The 8" are seen by a lot of folks as a less obvious choice for a Phantom but my findings are that they provide the best stability and smoothness.
If fitted with gimbal, gopro and dual batteries, it might fly with more inertia (others call that sluggish), but it is not a problem as long as you anticipate on a few feet longer glide after releasing the throttle.

As I said before, many FC40 and P1 flyers never experienced any problem coming down zero throttle, with stock props. But with airflow spoiled by dual battery holders (if you might fit them in the future) you might see some stability issues on a fast descend. Just easing it a bit solves the problem, normally. Prop guards (if fitted) are not suitable for fast descends, loose them if you have them (you don't, others might), they have caused crashes with fast descends.

How much flying time do you get from the Zippy 2800? I get 12 safe minutes with 2 2200's (total weight 1400 grams). Does it fit well in the battery bay?

I had to enlarge the hole batteries, about 3 mm. Now I can easily enter the plug inside Phantom. With the modification of the large door you will not need it.
I have approximately 9:30 minutes of flight with this battery. With lipo buzzer set at 3.6V per cells I had notification at about 8:50 - 9:00. But I had prop guard. I removed it already. In addition, the air temperature (2 - 3 degrees Celsius) results in shorter flights.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik