Gain settings for 1.1.1 with vision props?

Reaction score
Just got some vision props for my new phantom 1.1.1. Just a stock ship at this point with no mods.
Should I change the gain settings to compensate for the increased lift these will provide?

I changed the gains on my v1 when I added 9" CF props and had good results even with gimbal and video tx. Tempted to try the same settings but would rather hear from someone who is already doing it with the same setup.

I wouldn't, personally. The difference in performance is pretty minimal; you may wind up chasing better settings for a while, and then find that the ones you had to start with were just fine.

I'm not surprised you saw meaningful improvement going to 9" props and adding a gimbal...significant addition in weight. With new props, you're not changing weight at all, and like I said, the difference in performance is negligible.

I also used modified gains for my 9" CF props because I couldn't really achieve rock-solid stability without increasing most of the settings. However with the Vision props I've just been using the stock gains with perfect results; no need to change anything. Great props, by the way. The eBay clones are 99% identical to the DJI OEM version, however the clones are a tiny bit thinner near the tips. Also the OEM props have a significantly thicker leading edge for the first inch or so near the hub. Overall the clone props are about 5g lighter for the whole set of four -- performance seems mostly identical, though, so I'm not sure the DJI version is worth the price premium.

Vision props here and stock gains. It flies fine and in fact much better than with the stock props.

MuseumMatt said:
I changed the gains on my v1 when I added 9" CF props and had good results even with gimbal and video tx. Tempted to try the same settings but would rather hear from someone who is already doing it with the same setup.

I fly a modified Phantom with AntiGravity motors, upgrade to Naza V2 and Zenmuse / Hero Black +. Would you mind sharing the gain settings you have found worked well? I'm using 9" Graupner e-Props with standard gains with good results but when I tried the Vision props there was a noticeable reduction in stability (so I went back to the Graupners)

gDallasK said:
MuseumMatt said:

I fly a modified Phantom with AntiGravity motors, upgrade to Naza V2 and Zenmuse / Hero Black +. Would you mind sharing the gain settings you have found worked well? I'm using 9" Graupner e-Props with standard gains with good results but when I tried the Vision props there was a noticeable reduction in stability (so I went back to the Graupners)

A couple of things could cause that. Are your Vision props genuine? Are they balanced? When I first tried my cf 9443 knockoff props, it was horribly unstable. After balancing them, they fly pretty much just like my Phantom 8" props. Also, the the Vision props have a lot more surface area than e-props, so you're likely to "feel" the wind quite a bit more.

ElGuano said:
gDallasK said:
MuseumMatt said:

A couple of things could cause that. Are your Vision props genuine? Are they balanced? When I first tried my cf 9443 knockoff props, it was horribly unstable. After balancing them, they fly pretty much just like my Phantom 8" props. Also, the the Vision props have a lot more surface area than e-props, so you're likely to "feel" the wind quite a bit more.

I believe they are genuine - the packaging was quite convincing - but I've not balanced them. I'll give that a go (if I can find a way to fit them onto my prop balancer) and try again.

This setting worked well with my CF 9" props

Pitch
Basic 190
Attitutude 70

Roll
Basic 190
Attitude 70

Yaw

Vertical

Hi,
I have just installed Maytech 9x4,3" props.
And my phantom got unstable with the original gain settings.
If you can share your gain settings it will be awesome.
I will also do some tests now, and share my best results with u soon.
Thanks

Hi,
I have just installed Maytech 9x4,3" props.
And my phantom got unstable with the original gain settings.
If you can share your gain settings it will be awesome.
I will also do some tests now, and share my best results with u soon.
Thanks

If you're just getting the props on, the best place to start is with your current gains. I do not recommend pulling "reference gains" out of a hat whenever you change components, since you'll have no idea if differences in flight are the result of the component or the gains change. The Phantom operates beautifully within a fairly wide range of gains, and everything depends on your weight and loadout anyways. Gains are not a "magic bullet," and "ideal" gains vary from craft to craft, not just model to model. Stay with your current gains, see how your Phantom flies with the new props, and adjust if needed.

I have several flights with the Vision props and default gains. The only issue is that it doesn't seem to hold altitude as well in a hover and drifts up and down more than it did with the 8" props.

I tried lowering all the gains by 25 just to see what it would do and that didn't seem to have any effect. I see in the other thread that some are increasing the gains with Vision props.

I'm just looking for some direction and thought that it would be helpful to know what DJI is using for default on the Vision.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20